Chapter 18

"Alex, can we talk?" Austin asked as he watched Sky play with Dite. He had to pull his girlfriend's best friend aside while she was distracted, or he'd never get the chance.

"I'm kind of in the middle of incorporating baby dragons into my wedding. But sure, let me just put that on hold for you, Austin." Alex replied standing from his spot next to Avi and Hobbit.

Avi couldn't help but smirk at the evident sarcasm and sass in the man's voice. The green eyed man new Alex was sarcastic, but no one expected him to be on Tim's level. Alex leaned down and gave Avi a quick kiss, making the older man smile. They exchanged "I love you's" and then the bearded man watched as his fiancé walked off with their red headed friend.

Austin made sure Sky was still occupied as he led Alex to the far end of the trees. Alex stared at the man in confusion as he noticed they were out of eyesight from the others. Away from Avi. The lighter brunette could only stare up at Austin, waiting for the man to speak. When the older of the two didn't, Alex gestured for him to hurry it along.

"Oh! Sorry!" Austin started. "I-I know I'm supposed to ask her father, but no offense to Adam, he hasn't known long enough."

Alex crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently. "Wedding planning, Austin. Hurry up."

"Right." Austin mumbled, shaking his head as he tried to find the right words. He was silent a moment and Alex sighed.

"Avi is waiting. Bye Austin."

"I want to marry Sky!" Austin called out as Alex walked away.

Alex stopped dead in his tracks, his eyes wide as he slowly turned to look at the man. His light blue eyes met Austin's ocean colored ones. Both sets mixed with many emotions. Alex noticed Austin nervously switching his weight from one foot to the other.

Austin was serious, Alex gathered. The younger man chuckled, shaking his head at Austin. "You're asking for my blessing?" It was hard for Alex to not full on laugh.

"I'd ask Adam, but you've known her longer! There's no one else she looks up to like she does you!" Austin rambled, causing Alex to put his hand up to silence the redhead.

The two stared at each other, faces unreadable. Austin was visibly shaking with nerves, and Alex had to smirk. He'd have loved to keep torturing the man, but it wasn't the right thing to do. So, he smiled and patted Austin on the back. The older man watched, giving an unsure look as he pulled the ring from his pocket. (Pictured above.)

Alex's jaw dropped as he stared at the black band that twisted through purple jewels. He carefully took it from the older man so that he could examine it. He couldn't believe his eyes! Austin would have had to save all the money he'd have ever stolen. This thing looked expensive!

Yes, Austin Brown was a thief before meeting the group. He'd been stealing since he was a kid. Now, he's a changed man.

"She'll love it, Red." Alex finally said with a smile, handing the small piece of jewelry back to Austin. He could hear the other man audibly sigh with relief as he put it back in his pocket. Alex just hoped that he wouldn't lose it. Austin was notorious for losing things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You guys were gone for a long time." Sami pointed out as she watched the two of them walk back.

Austin and Alex both rolled their eyes as they walked past, joining their significant others. Avi and Sky both shared uneasy glances as the other two came back.

"Were you cheating?" Chance piped up.

"No!" Austin quickly said.

"I have a type, Chance!" Alex said with a 'that should be obvious' look.