Chapter 10

" I'll have the same as her please." Luke replied keeping his hand on my mid-thigh. "ok, and is there anything else I can get you?" the waitress asked. "No thank you." he said. She smiled and walked away. He looked back at me with his blue eyes and started to move his hand up again. I closed my eyes so I couldn't see his and grabbed his hand and said, " Luke, you said we needed to talk." He sat back a little shocked that I didn't go for it to avoid the conversation like I used to. "yes I did. I want to know why you broke up with me. you never told me what I did." he replied. "You didn't do anything I just.... ugh look I'm not going to lie because I'm friends with your sister and you deserve the truth. I was getting to attached and I just wanted a bump buddy. I'm sorry." I explain.

He just sat there staring at me shocked. "Um..... well thank you for being honest..." I knew I hurt him and I felt really bad but he deserved the truth. Even if it hurts. He quickly regained himself with, " I can't blame you though I am a hot piece of ass. " he said smiling. I could see in his eyes that he was still hurt bad though. "Luke...come on. I know I hurt you and I really am sorry. I just didn't want to get anymore attached. I mean I told you about Lily and I've never told anyone about her. I don't even talk about it with the people that were there." I explain. I usually just stone eye and poker face things but I need to show emotion so he can.

"you keep saying you were falling for me. If that was the case why would you leave? it just doesn't make scence to me." he says confused. "Alright, 2 pancake platters. Is there anything else I can get you?" she asked turned completely turned toward Luke. "yes, can I get a refill?" I say as Luke shakes his head. She turned toward me smiled and took the glass. "Of course." she replied. She came back with my sweet tea and left. "I left because I didn't want to have an actual relationship. in relationships your expected to open up and that's just not me. You know how I am I don't talk about my feelings or my past." I tell him before taking a big bite of grits.

"yes I know how you are but it doesn't have to be a heart to heart. How about we play a game? I tell you something about my past then you tell me something." he says. "This isn't really the place. can we just eat and catch up right now?" I ask really not wanting to talk about my past. He looked at me a little disappointed but went with it anyway, "Fine, but we are going to play later deal?" "Fine" I agree.

We finished eating and were now standing out side talking about our bikes. "I see you have a Ducato Panigale R black. Does it ride good?" he asks. "yeah she's really smooth and fast god she's fast." I say as I look longingly at my bike. "How about your Ducati 916?" I ask. "Oh she's a beast. She's fast too." he says longingly as well. It's hard for people who don't like motorcycles to understand. It is 7:30 now and I don't have to be back till 9 so I ask Luke, "I know this road that is really beautiful to see when you're riding. Do you want to go check it out?" "sure" he replies.

I take him to this country back road. It looks even more beautiful with the sun set. I pull into an abandon farms drive way. Which is where I usually pull into. "So what do you think? Is it beautiful or what?" I ask. "yeah it really is" he said looking at the horizon. "I think this is the place to play." he says. I sigh but I know he won't give up. "Fine... but you're going first." I reply reluctantly. "Ok, umm lets see, ok when I was a younger teen I got involved with someone named Jack." he said shocking me. "you know Jack?" I ask. "yeah do you?" he asks confused.

"Of course I know Jack. Before I joined the Marines I was a street rat. I would race and party all the time." I reply. "Oh so that's why I didn't see you. I was just lower level mechanic for the newbies." he explains. "I was a newbie but I always fix my own car. I don't trust other people to work on it. I haven't seen him yet." I reply. "Ok, your turn." he says. I look at him blankly I really don't want to do this but I go anyway because then he won't keep bugging me. "Ok, my mother died when I was 1." I say still having my stone eyes on. He looked back at me shocked and saddened. He finally got over it and we finished playing the game. it was now 8:40 so I was already going to be late, but we say our goodbyes and I head back home.