PTTF - Chapter 9

A/N - why, hello there!
QOTD~ how would you think going thru' a wormhole feels like? ->>
Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT— I haven't emphasised on this enough ʕʘ‿ʘʔ
-Lara xxx

A swirl of colors. That's how I would describe it.

A spinning sensation of my weightless body, as we went through the hole; the dangers ahead of us absolutely mind boggling.

Then a flash of blinding light, tearing my eyes out, and the only thing screaming in my head was, we're going to die, this was too easy.

Way too easy.

Landing on a patch of dry grass, the wormhole behind me closed with a pop.

I wipe my hands and observe the new environment we were thrown into.

Speaking of we...

Where were my friends?

"Cleo! Aiden!" I called out.

Rising myself up from the ground, I stripped off the space suit off and dropped everything on the ground.

Did I really just lose my friends in the past?

Picking up the time machine, I fiddle with the clock hands.

That's when the horror dawned on my face.

This wasn't 1914. Well, it didn't show me 1914. It was simply blank. I survey the area, panicking, hoping this was all a bad dream and if I woke up, I would be in my bed with Chantelle and Bryce next to me trying to calm me down.

But that was not the case.

Pinching my elbow hard to wake up from this horrible nightmare, I stood still on where I had landed.

I was not waking up sooner or later. Sleep paralysis would've made me feel better.

"Hey kid! What are you doing here?"

I turned around. A man in his early twenties; his short black hair glistening in the sun, dressed and armored in his camouflage suit, yelled at me from the other side of the barren field.

"I—"

"This will all be fun and games until you get blasted into pieces by a bomb," he growled.

A bomb? The war doesn't happen till July. And this was supposed to be March.

He walked up to me, furrowing his eyebrows when his eyes caught the suit laying on the ground.

"I can explain."

"Well, not here kiddo. We need to get you somewhere safe," he said, picking up all my belongings in bewilderment.

I hugged the machine under my arms, the heavy metal piercing my chest.

"My friends are missing," I stammered.

"Positive that the others will find them. You will all meet at the base camp," he assured, one arm pushing me across the empty place.

A hovercraft zoomed above us, shooting red sparks at a distance, and the soldier's pace quickened.

"What's happening—"

"War, what do you think?" he spat, as we passed the field into an abandoned main road, collapsed buildings and scorched trees in the background.

Vaguely reminding me of Ur.

Quietly, we race to a skyscraper in a fairly good condition. I heeded every step he took without protest.

He kicked the doors of the building open, and tugged me inside. Excruciating pain ran along my right shoulder where my broken arm was still recovering.