Chapter 4

"It's amazing how the world begins to change through the eyes of a cup of coffee."

- Donna. A Favors

Wang Yibo POV

A week went by.

Yibo came to the shop Monday after his classes anxious to meet his angel, doubts filled his mind thinking about things to go wrong

" What if he came by and left already?"
"What if doesn't come?"
"What if my Coffee tastes weird?"
"What if he hates me for messing up his coffee?"
"What if my hopes are in vain?"

Overthinking things through Yibo went to the counter after changing and stood there with a blank face and hooded eyes.

A while later he asked the manager  Ji li about Zhan.
" Hey, umm did Mr. Xiao Zhan come by?"
Jili knowing exactly who Yibo was talking about questioned him
"Xiao Zhan who? Is that your friend or Brother?" Jili teased Yibo because why not it's one of the chances to not miss.
Jili is a cute guy he looks innocent and timid but he is a great observer. From the first day Jili noticed Yibo's not so little crush from the sidelines. He knew why Yibo all of a sudden wanted to learn to make coffee, particularly single recipe.

" Xiao Zhan is the interior designer appointed by Ziyi jei"

" Oh the cute guy! yeah I remember him xiao Zhan huh? " Jili plastered a teasing smile on his face. Yibo gave him a curt look that said 'stop it else you will be buried alive' Jili took the hint and left to tend a customer. Yibo was itching to call Ziyi jei to ask about Xiao Zhan but that would raise serious questions and embarrassment.

It was around 6 in the evening Xiao Zhan came in looking all handsome in a beige trench coat white T-shirt underneath with  grey jeans and Chelsea boots adorning his look.

Xiao Zhan looked around the busy shop, went to the counter and greeted Yibo

"Hi Han.. Bodi" Zhan was about to call him handsome face to his face. Yibo would have died in embarassment and happiness if Zhan would have completed the sentence.

" Welcome back Zhange, what would you like to have" Yibo greeted with a small twitch in his lips, well he is controlling himself not the jump on the counter and hug his Zhange.

Zhan looked at the menu board wondering what to have, giving Yibo an internal panic. He worked a whole week hard on Caramel macchiato if Xiao Zhan chose something else then he can't make Zhan coffee himself, Is that a hint for a rejection ? Did Zhan just reject Yibo unknowingly without even Yibo making a move?

Zhan literally looked at the menu board for the whole 3 minutes, this is so hard coffee is coffee why are there so many coffees " Bodi? I want a Caramel macchiato please" Xiao Zhan sheepishly smiled like a kid who found his candy he was looking for.

Yibo could not be any happier, he got his chance, first step in impressing he nodded at Zhan.

Xiao Zhan sat near the window and took his laptop out to work on a blueprint.
Meanwhile Yibo worked on his coffee happily humming to himself and he was proud of his work. For the first time in six months of working here this is the moment he felt the satisfaction of working in cafe, it never felt like this before. Earlier it was bland, taking the orders billing and ignoring flirty customers. Now the essence of working in a cafe finally sinked in.

Yibo was about to call Jiyang to deliver Zhan his coffee but Jili stepped in. Jili knew what's going on between them and he can't let anyone destroy it, if Jiyang deliver it Zhan would raise questions and Yibo would be put in a awkward situation he is not yet ready for.

"Mr.xiao your coffee" Jili gave him the coffee and smiled imagining xiao Zhan and Yibo together.
"Hey call me Zhan will you, you look like we are of the same age and we will be working together too" Zhan told Jili
"As you say so Zhan, I'm Jili the manager of the cafe"

Zhan looking at the coffee exclaimed
"This is not what I ordered"
"It is your Caramel macchiato"
"But it did not look like this the last time I had them"
"Well the new barista made the magic, why don't you try them" Jili went back to his work.

Two hours later, a figure rushed into the cafe and went to straight to Zhan
" Zhange! Dubuqi prior appointment took a hold on me"
"Yubin! You liar, pants on fire I know you were playing the new game that was released"

" Wow Zhange How did you know that?"
" I heard the Game BGM from our last call, howelse do you think? Mind reading?" Though Xiao Zhan was irritated that Yubin forgot his plan it did gave him time to complete the immediate pending work for his meeting tomorrow, once a procrastinator always will be one.

"Let's go to have dinner I'll pay to make up for my tardiness"

"And sake!" Xiao Zhan and Yubin were leaving. Zhan went to the counter to pay for his coffee and sandwiches which he ordered later while waiting for Yubin.

Jili and Yibo were in the counter cleaning
" Jili! The coffee was so good. The best caramel macchiato I've ever drank" Xiao Zhan shared his excitement about the coffee

"Its great that you liked it goal achieved, right Yibo?" Jili hooked Yibo into the conversation

"The taste it was not what I usually tasted it's different somehow And the foam art was so cute I loved it"

"Well guess the new barista is acknowledged"Jili said while looking at Yibo

"Yeah sure" Yibo murmured while dancing on the inside. Xiao liked his coffee, his angel loved his foam art can I confirm that he is impresed of me?.

Zhan left the cafe with Yubin and Yibo closed the cafe and went home with a smile.

____________________________________________

The casting ( from The Untamed)

Wei Ying - Xiao Zhan

Lan Zhan - Wang Yibo

Lan xichen - Haikaun ( Yibo's brother)

Jiang Yan li - Xuan Lu ( Zhan's friend)

Jiang Cheng- Zhoucheng ( Zhan's friend)

Wen Qing- Meng Ziyi ( cafe owner, doctor)

Wen Ning- Yubin ( Zhan's Bff and Ziyi's brother )

Cafe - Sunshot
Nei Huaisang - Jili ( manager)
Mei qi - not from untamed (cosmic girls)
Yibo
Xiao xing chen - Jiyang

In case of New characters will be in mentioned at the bottom of the chapter

Hope you guys liked it!
Your opinions are welcome. Let me know what you think and the mistakes in the comments.

Peace,
Eris.