Chapter- 14

" I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee"

- Flash Rosenberg

Chapter 14 - Anxious for perfection

Now that Zhan came to know it was Bodi that made his holy drink and unfortunately is unavailable with exams Zhan made up his mind to patiently wait till then and not be noisy around the cafe.

Zhan wonders since when he became obsessed with coffee that now he would go to such lengths to get them, is the coffee or the person that makes them? Or is it the cafe that makes him feel at home surrounded with people that he trusts? He couldn't come to a conclusion

He then decided to put all his attention on the next project  trying not to get distracted by coffe lust. His next project is  a studio of an uprising painter. Zhan knows this project is sensitive and needs all this attention as the design must coordinate with the painting cannot be negative contrast, Zhan cannot afford to make a mistake.

Ms. Mian knocked on his door "Mr. Zhan the materials for Sunshot are transported to storage, when must we start on the renovation Gege?"

She wouldn't change however would she Zhan sighed though her attitude disrupted him the news that they can start their work pleased him
" In a two days by then get Team 3 workmen to be ready, get Lu jei schedule and ask Jili to vacate to the place. We are finishing this in Four week"

Noting everything down Mian Mian was startled, "Zhan ge four week is not possible"

Zhan shot her a look "we aren't building anew, only renovating I want then done as quick as possible"

"Still it takes longer as the style is new Mr. Zhan" Mian Mian is not happy with Zhan's decision as usually it takes atleast 7-8 weeks given the size of the place.

"Ms. Mian we aren't beginners at this we already got most of the materials and permit on hand, kindly see to the schedule that I prepared is followed"

As Mian Mian left his office Zhan continued on his work. Zhan has a reason that he thinks is valid for rushing the work. The cafe must reopen by the time Yibo can come back after his exams and break. He wants all of his favourite people on the day of reopen to celebrate together. Is it too much to ask for this? For a simple happiness Zhan himself knows that it would be hard to complete everything within four weeks but he has a plan and it must work.

Two days went by with everyone being busy. Sunshot was cleared out with the notice for renovation and Zhan's completely immersed with the new project details consulting with the client. Since Zhan has decided to look after the work himself he doesn't want to deal two at the same so going over the details with the client Zhan has cleared his time for the cafe.

With Ziyi away for volunteering as the manager Jili will be on site with Zhan. Zhan planned it clearly to finish it with in deadline and not take the 5th week as miscellaneous is only for decoration

Zhan had his assistants go over the plan with the constructors, they are changing

* Ceiling (like the one in above )
* Entrance
* Flooring
* Washroom
* Counter and shelves
* Furniture
* Painting ( trees and sun as in picture)
*Electrical and plumbing

The designs for the required are given, "we aren't changing the floor polishing would do"

" Washroom tiles are all the same but the parts has to be changed it will take a extra week since the ceiling will take time" suggestions are given by the workers

Zhan was irritated with them adding extra time, " washroom is right near the entrance and it does not disrupt with ceiling work, while the ceiling is on work finish the washroom with in a week and take the second week for entrance by then ceiling will also be done"

As the workers are not a seperate labour but a contracted employees from Zhan's company they cannot argue much with the Boss, they decided to work as told if the work did take extra time they will talk about it by then.

Jili talked to Zhan about other sections of the cafe Zhan told him that the kitchen, storage and locker room is in good condition and it's not in the public eye to contrast with the style.
" Lu jei will take the 5th week for decoration and she personally chose beverageware and smallwares"

Two weeks went by with work ongoing as scheduled Zhan was annoyed with Jili asking him about each and every part to the design, they should have listened to him when he asked them about the design and other options but no one did humble they think but lazy people not helping him but questioning each of his choice now.

More the work went on the more he missed Yibo and his silent company. Even with the silence Yibo helped Zhan choose the design and listened to him when he made changes required.

Three weeks went by with painting, furniture and electrical to be done. Then came problem that Zhan didn't expect, he was ready for something to go wrong but not this.

"Mr. Zhan the painter we arranged cancelled for personal reasons" said Mian main, she knows when to flirt and when to be formal as Zhan ain't happy with the news

Zhan was anxious this is the part that he was not ready to go wrong. "Contact other painters I don't want any regulars find a commisioned artist this cannot go wrong"

Jili who was next to Zhan told him to change plans " Zhan ge it's okay just make the wall plain we can attach paintings later just like the one in the design"

" No! I want the painting on the wall not the canvas attached to the wall" Zhan's heart was at strain.

" Zhan it wouldn't make much difference to the style" said Jili trying to calm Zhan

" Jili shut up it is very different I want it as it was designed " shouted Zhan, everyone working around heard him, that's when the realized they cannot make anymore mess to guarantee their job as Zhan is not one to shout or be angry.

Zhan was sad, They do not understand it has to be perfect nothing must change as Yibo chose this part, we had a plan Zhan thought how Yibo listened to him even though he had work he was a very good company to be with he even shared his opinion

" If we go with this design it would not look like a cafe Yibo. This is a casual spot why make it classy." Zhan talked about his options on the themes

"That's my point Zhan ge, who said casual should not be classy" Yibo countered

Zhan huffed to Yibo it was clear as day that Zhan did understand what's he is trying to say

" Zhan ge these designs has the same pattern unique but simple, it's good but but the place already looks like it, why I suggested this because cafe's aren't like this but restaurants do"

"If we do go with this we get the vintage feel with classy vibe that Highend restaurants do"

"Not everyone get to enjoy the expensive place. With a mural on the wall our plan will make it a romantic spot that anyone can casually enjoy", Yibo expressed his opinion

" Bodi your brain is sexy, I got an idea to go with the vibe we can arrange for Message card for proposal instead of scribbling on a tissue and some events later on"

Yibo smiled at his excited angel.