The Finale

After that conversation with Aljur, Kylie wasted no time and decided to drive to GMA. Sunday Pinasaya was done for the day, and she was sure that Ruru was still within the vicinity, probably fixing his things before heading home. 

As she got out of the car and ran inside the studio, so many pairs of eyes were on her. "Hala, si Kylie ba 'yan?", "Akala ko ba kakalabas lang ng anak niya?", "Anung ginagawa niya dito?" were some of the phrases she heard as she frantically searched for Ruru, but honestly, she could care less. All she wanted was to find the love of her life and tell him that this time, they could finally be together after everything that has happened. 

"Ruru Madrid", the sign posted on Door #4 said. This was it. She was finally seeing him after so long. 

To say that Kylie was nervous was definitely an understatement, but she was all the more excited to talk to him, to hug him and to kiss him. 

She just longed for Ruru that much. 

As she entered the dressing room, the only person she saw was Buboy Villar. He had been a guest on today's episode and was currently fixing his things when he saw Kylie come in. 

"Ky..." He uttered, a bit dumbfounded at the sight. "Ka... kamusta ka na? Congratulations pala sa baby mo, este, congratulations sa'yo kasi may baby ka na. Ano ba 'to." He added, scratching his head in embarrassment and confusion. 

"Um... si Ruru. Nasaan?" Kylie asked. 

"Kakaalis lang eh. Papuntang airport." Buboy replied. 

"Airport?"

He nodded. 

"May mga shows kasi siya dun kasama yung ibang mga taga-Artist Center, tapos may bibisitahin daw siyang mga pinsan. Parang ganun yata. Mga two weeks siyang mawawala." 

Upon hearing Buboy's explanation, Kylie's heart fell. She was beyond disappointed at the thought that yet again, she and Ruru were star-crossed lovers. Pinagtagpo, pero di itinadhana

She really thought that today would be the day for the both of them, but she was wrong. 

Kylie was close to tears, close to giving up, when suddenly-

"Pare, naiwan ko yata yung-" Ruru stopped dead on his tracks the moment he saw her standing right before him. 

"Puso mo?" Buboy teased as he saw the way Ruru and Kylie longingly gazed at each other. "Maiwan ko na kayo." He added as he took his things and headed straight for the door. 

As soon as Ruru and Kylie were alone in the dressing room, the former was the first one to break the ice. 

"Anung ginagawa mo dito?" He asked, genuinely confused as to what was going on. 

"Ru, sana hindi pa huli ang lahat para sa 'tin." Kylie began with tears in her eyes. "Alam kong hindi naging madali ang lahat para sa'yo. Sa dinami-dami pa naman ng babae sa mundo, yung nabuntis pa talaga ng iba yung napili mong mahalin."

"Despite being judged by other people, you accepted and embraced everything about that woman; flaws and all. You were even ready to be the father of her child, kahit alam mong ang bigat ng responsibilidad because you loved her that much." Kylie said. "But then, shit happened. Some crazy shit had to happen, at wala. Biglang gumuho ang lahat." 

"Ru," Kylie uttered, approaching Ruru. "I understood why you had to leave and process things. The situation was never easy, to begin with. But now, you can stay and we can finally be happy." 

Ruru's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"Ano bang ibig mong sabihin?" He asked. 

"Aljur finally came to his senses." Kylie answered. "Alam niya na hindi na namin maibabalik ang kung ano mang meron kami dati dahil may iba na akong mahal at ikaw 'yun, Ru. Wala ng iba." She added. 

"I know this is too much for you to take in, pero eto na. We finally have the freedom to love and to be with each other." 

"Sandali lang." Ruru said, obviously in a state of euphoria. "Paano si Alas?" 

"Wag kang mag-alala. Napag-usapan na namin ni Aljur ang lahat." Kylie said. "Alas is going to grow up with two dads who I'm sure will love him to bits. Pero siyempre, biased ako sa'yo." She smiled. 

Ruru couldn't help but get teary-eyed as he realized that after everything they've been through, he and Kylie were finally getting their happily ever after. 

They were no longer star-crossed lovers na pinagtagpo, pero di itinadhana. But meant to be lovers na pinagtagpo at itinadhana

"Hindi mo lang alam kung gaano ako kasaya ngayon, Ky." Ruru said as he caressed her face. "Sa wakas, natapos na rin ang iyakan."

Kylie laughed. 

"Oo nga. Nakakapagod ring umiyak ng umiyak. Gusto ko ng tumawa ng malakas." She uttered. "I love you, Ruru." 

"I love you too, Kylie."

"To happily ever after?"

"To happily ever after."

In that very moment, Kylie and Ruru's lips met in a kiss full of love and longing. They held each other tight, with absolutely no plans of letting each other go. 

The love that they had? It was worth it. It was forever. And they were more than thankful that you were in this journey with them until the very end. 

Indeed, to happily ever after. 

-THE END-