[2/9]

At dinner, Annie was last to seat herself at the table.

"Did they have any food left?" Bertolt asked her.

"Barely. At least I got some bread and butter," she sighed.

"I never realized how poor this island is. They don't even have ice cream here," you said, pitying Eldia.

"They actually do, but it's extremely expensive and only sold in the interior," Reiner corrected you. You shot him a sassy glare.

"[Y/N] wants a boyfriend," Annie blurted, changing the subject abruptly. "She's searching."

"Umm!" you gagged. "I am not!"

"She really is into Eldians!" Bertolt laughed.

"Shh!" you panicked. "You'll attract attention! I'll tell you the same thing I told Annie. We're going to be here for a minimum of three more years, so I might as well get comfortable, right?"

"Not too comfortable," Annie noted.

You rolled your eyes. "Yes, I know."

"So, who are you thinking of?" Reiner asked with his signature cheeky smirk.

You narrowed your eyes and jerked your head towards the chaotic, noisy table, where Jean, Marco, Connie and Sasha sat. Bertolt and Reiner turned their heads to see.

"I got a feeling about Connie," you mused, watching him with dreamy eyes as he threw a piece of his bread at Jean's face across the table.

"Connie? Why him?" Bertolt asked.

"He was very kind today. And he has good banter," you explained.

"Very well. As long as you don't marry him, we won't tell anyone that you're affiliating yourself with the enemy," Reiner sighed.

"Thank you for your understanding," you chuckled, sarcastically acting proper. "But it's not like I'm guaranteed to land him."

"True. I hope you get rejected." Annie added.

You scoffed at Annie's rudeness and decided it would be best not to say anything in addition. You finished up your food and headed back to the cabins, ready to end the day.

You got into pyjamas and combed out your messy hair, preparing yourself to sleep. You grabbed a small hand towel, toothpaste, and a toothbrush and headed to the girls' restroom. Upon arrival, you noticed Sasha washing up at one of the several sinks.

"Hey," you smiled, setting up your belongings at the sink next to hers.

"'Sup?" She muffled through her towel as she wiped her face.

You began washing your face and brushing your teeth.

"I'll cut straight to the chiz," Sasha blurted, getting closer to you. "Connie thinks you're cute, and I overheard you saying you had your eye on him, so why don't I help you make it happen?"

You quickly spat out the toothpaste that was in your mouth and chaotically blurted, "What did you overhear? And when did you hear it?"

"At dinner! No big deal, that's all I heard. Bertolt was very loud when he said Connie? Why him?" Sasha mocked Bertolt's voice with an unflattering low tone.

You let out a huge sigh of relief, grateful that she didn't hear anything else. "So, what, are you setting us up now?"

"I'll try to," she winked and grinned. "You should talk to him!"

"When? And how? I don't know how to approach guys!"

"You're stressing over nothing! Just relax and have a conversation, that's all! I'll get him to meet you at our dorm in five minutes!" She exclaimed, and started sprinting out of the bathroom. "I expect to see you there!"