[9/9]

"They've become suspicious," Annie blurted as she sped through the door and into your room.

"What?" You said, jolting up from your bed.

"I told those stupid boys it should've been you who tried provoking Eren and the Scouts on their expedition." Annie ranted. "My titan resembles me too well. Yours isn't as obvious."

"So they've figured you out?" You asked, wide-eyed and worried about your future in the walls.

Annie paused, then let out a distressed sigh. "I think so. But thankfully only me."

"Shit," you grumbled.

"Eren wants to meet with me today. To talk," Annie mentioned.

"What're you going to do?"

"I'll go. But we need a plan."

Annie began clumsily setting down paper on a desk, and obnoxiously clicked a pen. You nodded and hopped off the top bunk, heading towards her to discuss a strategy. You hovered over her and watched as she drew and scribbled on a ripped sheet of paper.

"He'll most likely have Armin and Mikasa with him, since those twerps act like Siamese triplets." Annie began. "And it's probable that they'll try leading me into a basement or bunker of some sort, so I won't be able to transform if I see the need."

"If they do lead you underground, what will you do?" You asked.

"Obviously, I won't go. They're trying to trap me." She replied. "But then that'll raise suspicion... it'll prove their point."

"Reminder that Mikasa will be there too. If you even try breathing on Eren she'll slit your throat without hesitation," you added.

"You're right." Annie began to think deeper. "If I don't go where they want me to go, they'll likely have other soldiers surround me and try to arrest me."

"In that case you have no choice but to transform." You told her.

"Fuck," she muttered. "Transforming is inevitable if this is how things go."

"Then just defeat Eren." You stated.

"And what after? Get arrested? We can't afford that." Annie said.

She had a point. You'd hit a dead end, but then suddenly you had an idea.

"Crystallize yourself." You suggested.

"No."

"It's better than getting arrested, or possibly killed." You noted.

Annie seemed like she was considering the idea. "You're right. It's my only choice."

"When you go meet with Eren, I'll follow you to make sure you're alright. Worst case scenario I transform too, and we both crystallize ourselves after the battle."

"No. You're purposely sabotaging yourself." Annie shook her head.

"I don't even care. I can't live here without you, Bertolt or Reiner. It's too difficult. Not to mention that I've become incredibly upset being separated from Connie," you paused and sighed. "I think I'd like to disappear for a while."

Annie pitied you and finally nodded, agreeing with your plan. "As long as you're happy."

"Thank you."

With that settled, your plan was under effect. You stole your roommate's — Hitch's — clothing and dressed as a normal villager, going unnoticed while you followed Annie around the streets of Stohess. As per your calculations, Eren was with both Armin and Mikasa, and they were all wearing cloaks, which made you worry about what they had planned. The Survey Corps had proven to be smart in the past, and you couldn't imagine what next-level plan they had come up with to bust Annie.

Once again as suspected, they were trying to lead Annie underground. You watched everything unravel from a safe distance, and suddenly saw troops corner Annie and attempt to arrest her. To their demise, she was forced to transform into the Female titan, and instantly killed most of them.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," you muttered under your breath, pushing frightened citizens out of your way and going against the traffic. You tried keeping up with Annie, running around and following her out of panic. Eren was still no where to be seen.

On the run, you recognized many of your comrades from the training corps chasing after Annie on their maneuvering gear. To your surprise, you saw Bertolt and Reiner as well, and they noticed you chasing after her. They came down to street level and began running with you.

"What's happening?" Reiner asked.

"We've been fucked. From today on it's only you and Bertolt, take Annie and I out the picture," you told the boys, "We might have to harden."

"What? Are you insane?" Bertolt exclaimed.

"No. We just might not have another choice. Now get away from me, you'll raise even more suspicion than we already have!"

Reiner and Bertolt nodded unsurely, but proceeded to blend in with the rest of their squad.

You heard a rumbling noise coming from behind and saw a flash of lightning. From it arose the Attack titan, better known as Eren Jaeger. Everything you and Annie had predicted ended up being true, and now you just had to wait and see if Annie would be able to defeat Eren.

Another Scout zipped past you overhead and stole your attention. You barely got a good look at who it was, but the buzz cut they had was oddly familiar. You changed directions and began following the said cadet. He parked himself on a rooftop and rested, while looking around to witness some titan action. You caught up and smiled, instantly recognizing who it was.

"Connie!" You shouted, waving your hands to get his attention.

He looked down and stood stunned at the sight of you. He quickly jumped off the roof and you ran towards each other, open armed. You crashed into each other, tightly wrapping your arms around him. He lifted you off the ground and spun you around, beyond ecstatic that he was able to find you.

Connie put you down and leaned in for a kiss. You cupped his cheeks and kissed him multiple times, glad that he was alive and well.

It was bittersweet. On one hand, you were appreciative of being able to meet him. On the other, you were upset that you had to betray him, and finally show your true colours.

Connie rested his forehead on yours, grinning from ear to ear. "I've missed you beyond words,"

"You're all I think of," you told him. "It's quite boring here."

"You're getting action right now! Where's your gear?" He asked you, pulling his face away from yours.

His question wiped the smile of your face. You jumped at the sound of a crash, and saw that Annie had been pinned against the wall, about to be defeated.

"I'm sorry," you whispered.

Connie gave you another one of his confused looks. You quickly gave him one last kiss and began running away.

"I love you, Connie! Remember that!" You shouted your last words at Connie.

He chased you, then came to halt when he saw you pull a pocket knife out of your purse and cut your wrist with it, resulting in your transformation. Connie froze in fear and disbelief. Was his girlfriend really another enemy?

You summoned a crossbow and shot it at Eren, getting his attention away from Annie and onto you. You battled him, but eventually got tired out yourself. The War Hammer titan took up a lot more energy than the rest of your comrades' forms, and you couldn't fight for a long time without finally using up all your resources. You let your titan form die out after you pulling your crystal out of the ground.

Before your crystal finally closed off, you heard a familiar voice shout, "I love you, too!"

At best, the final thing you heard before temporary death wasn't Eren's deafening screech, but a cry from your lover. It gave you closure, knowing that although you were a monster, you still had one last supporter.