[5/9]

mature chapter!

Months passed by and you had gotten incredibly close with Connie. You kept your untitled relationship as lowkey as possible, for everyone's sake. Of course, Sasha knew about the details, since she was partly responsible for getting you and Connie together in the first place. Bertolt, Reiner and Annie knew that you had fully committed yourself to Connie, but didn't know the details and the happenings of the relationship, and this was for the better. They were still sceptical of your emotions, but wished you well, regardless of your objective. The more time the four of you spent with the trainees, the more you began to realize that the Eldian's of Paradis weren't anything like you were taught. If anything, they were the exact opposite of devils. Feelings of guilt began to develop among the warriors, and were often a topic of discussion at the dinner table.

Today was the rare occasion of a day off, and you and Connie volunteered to clean the stables. It was the one place where you were guaranteed uninterrupted privacy. This was perfect for Connie, because he had something on his mind, and needed to speak to you.

"[Y/N]..." he muttered.

You shifted your attention toward him and grinned sheepishly. "Connie..."

"I've been meaning to have... a talk,"

It seemed serious, so you prepared yourself for a conversation and put all your jokes aside. You placed a bale of hay that you were carrying on the ground and walked to the stall that Connie was in.

"What's up?" You asked him, leaning over the gate.

He took a few steps closer to you. "Before I begin, I don't want it to seem like I'm an asshole or anything. I'm real about us, okay?"

You nodded. He took your hands into his and looked down.

"We've been together for almost a year now, even though we haven't put a label to it. I think... I'm ready to experience... it. With you," he stammered.

"What, Connie? What are you getting at?" You whispered, trying to look into his eyes.

"I know we're still young and all, but I don't know how much longer we have alive. Anything could happen," Connie rambled. "I don't know how to ask this..."

"Take your time," you reassured him.

Connie struggled trying to figure out a passive way to say what he had to say, but heaved a sigh and decided to simply blurt it out. "What if we tried having sex?"

You were taken back by what Connie said. It was not what you were expecting him to ask, but you didn't mind this either. You weren't scared, and you felt like Connie was the right person.

"Okay," you whispered softly.

Connie quickly lifted his head up and looked at you, shocked. "Did you say okay?"

You nodded. Connie smiled, wrapped his arms around your waist and lifted you off the ground, spinning you around. You laughed at Connie's silliness, but admired his passion.

"I hope you don't mean here, though," you chuckled.

"Of course not!" He exclaimed. He leaned in and gave you a soft, quick peck.