[3/9]

At dinner the following day, Connie's offer was still under consideration. Before any decisions were made, you headed to your usual table to ask for your friends' blessing.

"I'd like your permission for something," you began, sitting down.

"What is it?" Bertolt asked.

"I had a conversation with Connie last night, and he asked me to join him at dinner today. I promise it'll only be a one time thing," you explained, looking guilty.

Reiner and Bertolt searched each other for mutual agreement, while Annie continued to mind her own business. The boys nodded.

"I really hope you don't get too caught up, [Y/N]." Reiner sighed.

"But as long as you don't forget about us, we'll allow it." Bertolt added. "It's your life, anyway. You don't need to ask permission for stuff like this."

You smiled and walked towards the two. You gave them both a warm hug and said, "You guys are the best."

You skipped to Connie's table, where he, Sasha, Jean and Marco welcomed you. Sasha made space for you between herself and Connie.

"Connie landed a hot chick!" Jean teased.

Connie sarcastically laughed and uttered the words, stop it" through his teeth with a glare.

You took your seat and flashed a smile at Connie.

"I'm glad you decided to join us," he told you quietly.

"Just today though, okay?" You said, looking at your other friends. "I don't want to make them feel abandoned."

"Understandable." Connie nodded, agreeing with you.

"So, [Y/N], what division are you joining?" Jean asked, smug and loud.

You chuckled, "Military Police, of course."

"Lovely! We can all work together!" Jean exclaimed.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Jean," Marco interrupted. "That's only if we make the top ten."

"And I don't know if you forgot or something, but Connie and I are joining the Garrison." Sasha noted.

"Don't get me caught up, I don't know where I want to go yet," Connie remarked.

"You're not sure?" You asked him, surprised.

"For now, the Garrison seems fitting. But a week ago I was thinking of the Scouts, and a week before that I was thinking about the MP's." Connie ranted.

"I'll support you as long as you don't join the Survey Corps," Jean spat. "That's a suicide mission."

You clicked your tongue, rolled your eyes at Jean and turned to Connie. "Don't listen to him, do what your heart desires."

"Right." He nodded.

"What's so bad about the Survey Corps anyway, asshole?" Eren growled behind you.

"Are you kidding me? Do you want to die?" Jean snarked.

Eren stood up and wore a revolting expression on his face, his eyebrow twitching. Jean did the same and walked up to Eren, staring him down.

"When will you finally shut up and stop pestering the people that want to join the Survey Corps?" Eren grit his teeth. "We're trying to give people like you freedom and all we get is shit?"

"Enough with all this freedom bull, Eren. It's no use! Just be grateful we have the walls and a life inside them." Jean argued.

"No. I'm not grateful. Shiganshina's wall broke in seconds! Five years ago this was the interior!" Eren said.