t w e l v e

bam entered khun's hospital room, setting a plant in the table beside the bed.

"ugh..," khun mumbled as soon as he woke up.

"mr. khun?" bam turned to khun. "you're awake. wait, i'll call the doctor."

khun reached bam's hand. "bam, don't."

"let's talk first."

"not long after you passed out, the police and the ambulance came," bam explained, sitting down. "maria had already called them in advance."

"do you know this thing, miss maria?" the police asked, showing her the tracking device.

"this is the chip they put inside aguero's neck, for them to keep an eye on him and follow their plans even if he wouldn't want to."

we have no choice...

tap,

tap.

"so we...

really doesn't have a choice."

"bam, you are safe now."

"thank you... mr. khun."

"maria said she knew a good hitwoman whom we could trust you in her hand, if i had known that rachel would do that again... maybe i'd think first."

"both of you treat your wounds at the hospital," maria mumbled into khun. "i'm gald we still have the relationship we had since we were little."

"bam."

"letting me die should have been the safest option," khun said, his eyes focused on bam. "so that those pedophiles would stop their demands about the poor kids."

bam avoided khun's gaze. "the police they're currently investigating."

"you're placed witness...

also a suspect."

"you are also waiting for the trial."

"then... what about the... kids?" khun mumbled, sounding almost inaudible.

"they're adopted under maria's name," bam answered. "she won't do anything to them. i assure you."

"you never tried to lay a finger on them, moreover, sell them," the chestnut-haired male smiled. "all you told were lies for us to be free."

"ah?" khun asked. "that!"

"don't worry, mr. khun. it's not there anymore."

"you almost killed yourself from bloodloss, remember? you might have died."

"about that, i wasn't attempting to survive," khun looked down, ashamed.

"what are you saying?!" bam stood up, rushing to khun. "you don't have to lie anymore..."

tears fell from bam's eyes like waterfalls. "thank you for putting us first."

"now, i won't let them lay a hand on you,

mr. khun."