Believe in the Curious Dreamers Chapter 7

Next Day

Mr. Perry: Hello class? How was your weekend?

Class: Good.

Mr. Perry (walking around): I wonder if we could dream anything of what we wanted to dream and we could actually alter our time sense, even though we discussed lucid dreaming, I was thinking about actually doing the activity.

Shonte: Really?

Mr. Perry: Yeah, I never thought of this idea for my class until now, and that is amazing.

Shonte: How did you come up with this idea?

Mr. Perry (touches his lengthy beard): Well, to be honest, I had a dream about this idea, and when I woke up, that gave me a good ideation, I was thinking to myself what if we could actually control our dreams in performing an experiment?

Shonte: What type of experiment?

Mr. Perry: A thought came to me last night, I was thinking maybe I should go beyond my dream interpretations, like not just talking about our dreams, but actually having you guys see your own dreams.

Jesus (bobs): Wow, cool.

Shonte: Yeah.

Quetip: So that’s like a lucid dream, right?

Mr. Perry: Yeah, we could perform a dream experiment after Christmas break, we could do a dream test of controlling our own dreams.

Cheetoe: That’s dope, cause me and Shonte and Quetip was just talkin about this a couple days ago.

Mr. Perry: Okay, I’m going to put you guys in a chemistry lab so we could be able to perform the experiment, this will be you guy’s project at the end of the semester, we will perform the experiment on a Saturday here.

Quetip: On a weekend?

Mr. Perry: Yeah, you guys does not like that idea?

Quetip: Naw, it’s cool, I’m just shocked that it’s on a Saturday cause no teachers never assigned us to do a project on a Saturday at the school.

Mr. Perry: Well, I am very unique from the other teachers, I am going to ask Mr. Pollovino could we use his lab after school and after we do a dream test we will have a workshop discussion about our collective dreaming and share each other thoughts on it, it is like an analytic dream session, all of that will be you guy’s projects at the end, you have to participate in this activity to pass this class with an A, and do the dream collective workshops, if you do not participate, you will fail this class and you will take this class over again, this is a big part of you guy’s grades, no excuses on this, during the collective dreaming workshops, you will be gathered into four groups of

fours since there are 16 of you guys, I have made a raffle basket for you guys to choose from, I am going to walk around with it and you choose, now since you have your raffles, do not lose them because those are the groups you have been selected to be in, now it is your guys lunchtime.

(The class enter the cafeteria)

Cheetoe: I think this project is cool y’all

Quetip: Yeah, this project sounds tight, I can’t wait to do it.

Shonte: I know I can’t wait.

Quetip: I hope I dream a lot about women in the lucid dream.

Shonte: (puts her hand out at Quetip’s face): Now there you go.

Quetip: What? Aye, talkin bout women is just me yo.

Shonte: But don’t nobody wanna hear that.

Quetip: Cheetoe be wantin to hear it.

Shonte: You be wantin to hear that?

Cheetoe: Don’t bother me.

Shonte (quivering her head): Y’all some freak niggas.

Quetip (aiming at Shonte): And you need a freak man in yo life.

Cheetoe: Hahaha.

Shonte (rolls her eyes and hits Quetip on the shoulders and gets up and walks away): Stop, boy.

Mr. Perry (leans against the desk): How were you guys lunch?

Quetip: that shit terrible, I don't be eating that shit.

Mr. Perry: I hear a lot of students say it is pretty bad, it's that bad huh?

Quetip: yeah, it's that bad, it's garbage.

Jesus: it never used to taste like that.

Mr. Perry: if it’s  that bad, they should have me cooking in there.

Class (laughing):

Mr. Perry: Because I can cook.

Cheetoe: You do?

Mr. Perry: Oh yeah, I been cooking since I was 12.

Quetip: damn, I’m 18 and I still don’t really know how to cook.

Shonte (trembles her head): That’s sad.

Mr. Perry: Now you all have a test today, on the chapter of lucid dreaming, I am only giving you guys 12 questions to answer, and then you may go, I always want you all to keep studying the chapters and making the dream chapters and terms matter to you, okay.