Jakwon's House Chapter 16

Jakwon: Who is it?

Crawford: It's the cops, open up.

Jakwon (jolting): Oh shit, the law.

Foster: It smells like they getting high in their (loudly voice) you better open this door unless I break it down boy.

Jakwon (slogs to the door): Ight, hold on. What y'all want?

Crawford: You getting high son?

Jakwon: Naw.

Crawford: You lying, cause we smell It all over you.

Jakwon (frowns and bolding up his hands): Man, what the hell y'all won't?

Crawford: We wanna ask you a few questions, can we come in? 

Jakwon: What kind of questions?

Crawford: Questions about Marcus Johansin's disappearance. 

Jakwon: I heard about that, the whole school is talkin bout that, but I don't have nothin to do with it.

Crawford: We just wanna ask you some questions about him, you know him, right?

Jakwon: Not like that.

Crawford: Some of his friends says you and him had fights.

Jakwon: Man, that was a long time ago, I don't got nothin to do with him being missing though, (waves his hand angrily) man I’m not askin no mo questions.

Foster (points): You better answer our questions boy or you will be answering them down at the station.

Jakwon (scowling and shaking his head): Ight man, come in then, aye y’all gotta roll, I got some serious stuff I gotta take care of, I holla at y’all later, ight?

Durk (pointing his finger at the detectives): Ight bro, take care of this.

Jakwon: I will bro. (gestures his hands outward) So what’s up?

Crawford: Where were you last Thursday on the night around 10:00 pm?

Jakwon (pointing his finger down): I was here.

Crawford: Do you have anyone that can validate that?

Jakwon: My father, he was here.

Crawford: Where is your father?

Jakwon: He at work.

Crawford: I know your father doesn’t appreciate you getting high in his house?

Jakwon: He cool with it, we both get high together sometimes.

Crawford (shaking his head): That is a shame, so what did you and Quetip fight about?

Jakwon (shakes his head as he sits on the couch): Quetip, that nigga, can get too far with his jokes.

Crawford: What do you mean? 

Jakwon: Jokes that can really offend some niggas, we got into it cause he was making fun of my sister, she autistic, I used to take her wherever I went, she in a home now where other autistic people stay, but my father wanted me to always keep an eye on her, and one day, 2 summers ago, I brought my sister to the store with me, and I saw Quetip there, we were cool at first, but I was telling him my sister's situation, and he go say "aye man why yo sister aint talkin?” I said cause she autistic, and he go ask me "do my sister get dick?" I said aye man, that's my sister yo, don't be dissing my sister like that man, she sick, she ain’t aware of what's going on, you know what I'm sayin? 

Crawford: yeah I know what you saying. 

Jakwon: So he apologized.

Crawford (nods): Okay.