s e v e n

Her gaze lingering on the door more today, she felt bubbles when she realised she wasn't feeling uneasy about betraying sunset when the sky was most beautiful, dripping under shades of pink. Her eyes strolling down to her mobile. She huffed a sigh when she realized she was no more interested in staying on the terrace.

Advik.

Rhea was sure she hasn't met someone like him, calm like her coffee and soothing like her sunsets. His smile has suddenly started mattering to her. Her gaze had started lingering on the door and had stopped reflecting sunsets when it was the sole reason why she had rented the flat here.

It has been the fifteenth day since they started talking. But it has started making her feel glittery, she felt like good old friend to him, she felt gripped when he would be sad and would suddenly feel dull when his alarm would ring over the traffic sounds.

She huffed when she realised she was clueless about his feelings, does he like someone?

"Hey." His breathtaking voice disturbed her thoughts, she tried not looking him because she was sure she would not be able to look away.

"Umm... Hi Rhea?" He shoved the Tiffin box on her face. She glared at him and her heart stopped, her eyes turned soft as she tried capturing every bit of him. She smiled to herself when he shook the tiffin.

She took the Tiffin, and stared down at his clothes, dressed in checked apron he wiped his hands and shuffled beside her.

"I realised I was late." He shrugged looking at her apologetically

Look away.

"What did you make in here?" She smiled looking at Tiffin burning her palms, she opened it and was welcomed with hot and stream halwa.

"You made this?" Her eyes twinkling as it settled on the orange carrot pudding. She pulled the Tiffin box to her nose as she sniffed and heaved a relaxing moan.

His hand was all sweaty as he looked at her happy self.

"And why did you made it?" She asked blowing on the spoonful of halwa. Her gaze fixed at halwa.

"You said you were missing your mom yesterday, her halwa instead and I did great in exam today." He pointed out grinning.

"This thing is so yummy!" She moaned, her mouth full of sweet dessert.

"Is it? You know people generally would say 'Thank you.' now." He smirked.

"Well Thankyou partner." She playfully bumped her shoulders with his. She wanted to turn towards him and look at him even if it was for the next five minutes.

She was feeling butterflies when her heart admitted that her newfound crush just made her some halwa.

She closed the box after eating three spoons of it. Placing it on her lap she signed before turning towards him. Her legs pulled up to be crossed. Her eyes settled on his jawline as he looked up at the purple sky.

Feeling her strong gaze he turned towards her and realised her gaze wasn't just strong it was passionated. He felt his eyes soften as she rested her face on her palm. She literally saw through him, her eyes didn't want to leave his. She knew she was acting all bold and it was just because of what she was feeling inside.

Tornado.

"Can I ask you something?" Her voice soft like velvet.

"Yeah." He nodded smiling.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Her voice merging with his alarm.

. . .

Feedback?

04-05-2020 - 300 Reads. Yay!

Instagram - ssayswhatt