e i g h t

Advik pinched his nose in anticipation, his eyes on his Tiffin box he gave gajar halwa in. His mind numb when he finally walked through the gate to the terrace, his eyes searching for her.

Ten minutes before the guard had knocked on Advik's apartment and had handed him the Tiffin box saying the girl had left it for him. Advik was confused of why she never approached him on the terrace, it has been a week since she met him, since her last question which had distracted his every second and he had decided to avoid her presence for next two days but when he had finally prepared the speech he had failed to find her on the terrace.

He had opened the box and had found a letter, folded neatly. He had locked his home and dashed upstairs to see her.

Advik walked to the other side of the terrace in the hope to see her. He sighed sadly and walked to their bench. Opening the box he pulled out the letter, to finally read it.

 Opening the box he pulled out the letter, to finally read it

"Hey mate,

How are you doing? I miss you already. :(

I am really sorry for pulling out that question for you, at least I would have got a proper goodbye.

Honestly Advik, I really like you. You make me want to smile, make me calm, you have started becoming substitute for my sunsets. I think I feel beautiful in your presence.

Well, this letter isn't really about my feelings. I lost my job. One of the influencers wanted me to travel to Europe for travelogue and I had to skip it for all my previous commitments, which cost me my job. This apartment lent to me for my job, which I have certainly lost. I tried approaching you but you weren't there and we never exchanged our numbers. I was busy shifting and had pending projects and could not locate you.

Plus there is one more reason for not searching for your house, I didn't want to come between you and your dreams. And I think it is for the best.

You have a month left for your exam. If you want we will meet, but that would be after you become Scientist. ;)

I will miss you.

Yours Truly,

Rhea.

PS - I was really tired to cook something and return the dabba.

PPS- I just watched 'lunchbox' and really wanted to try out that concept. So, why not? :p'

30 days to go' Dear Scientist' "

"Wow" Advik released a sigh. His eyes dropping down on her neat handwriting. She tried writing his name beautifully but failed. He chuckled when he realised he had lost his chance to meet her for the final time. But in his heart, he knew it wasn't their 'final time' yet.

Advik gazed at sunset, his eyes resting on the sky for the next ten minutes. Savouring the pink and blue sky he could not help but smile sadly, his eyes blurry.

"At least we are under the same sky."

"At least we are seeing the same sunset." His smile soft when he said realising how much he missed her already.

. . .

Vote.Comment.Share

Instagram - ssayswhatt