Is It Dead

We got to floor 7 and walked down to room 17. It was kinda ironic because that is my birth day. We got to the blue door, or brown door, I tuched the handle. It was freazing. At that moment I remembered the bird. It stoped shaking. It wurryed me. I turned the handle and pulled open the door. A brease hit my fase. I wondered why it was so cold. The window was open and dad was shivering under a blanket. I felt so bad for him, the hole left side of his body died or dosent work and he cant walk or move. He was nice though, the best dad ever but since his body dosent work, he cant work witch is making us poor.

I ran to the window, closing it.

"Im so, so, so, sorry dad." I said.

"Its ok, you didnt mean to leave it open." He said.

I looked at him. He knew something was up.

"What is it?" He said.

I pulled out the bird, it wasent as frozen as before. My dads eyes opened. He started to reach tords the end of his blanket. He grabed the bird and rapped it in a little bundle. Its eyes flickered then closed. My dad smiled.

"I had a pet like this when I was little, its a perakeet, my brothers and I named it Panima." My dad said."lora can you get a bowl of hot water."

"Ya sure huney, wait what." Mom said.

He gave her a look then looked at the bird. Mom went over and got a bowl full of hot water, she brang it back and set it on the table.

"Piper, you will have to do this for me, put the bird in the water and rub it up and down its wings for me, ok." My dad said struggling to give me the bird. I nodded my head. I took the bird. I set it in the water making sure its head didn't go under water. I rubbed its wings carefully. Then I got some water on the tip of my finger and put some on its eye lids. It blinked a little and moved around. My dad got a soft pillow. He set it on the table.

"Give me the bird real quick." He said. He wiped of the bird with the blanket. Then set it on the pillow."lets let it sleep."