Kitchen Jumble

Louis' P.O.V.

Harry was out today to do an Interview for 'The Masked Singer'. Freddie was still asleep and I tried to come up with a plan. It is commonly known that I can't cook.  I only did it once for the last girlfriend I had, back when I was eighteen befor I realised that I also liked guys. Since then I hooked up with a few people but nothing really came out of it untill I met Harry. 

We met at a concert of Arianna Grande that I accompanied my sisters to. We chatted and clicked instantly and a week later we wnt on our first date. The rest is History.

But back to my plan. I would try coocking Harry a meal. But firstly I needeed to buy the food. I went upstairs to Freddies room and woke him up. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times befor he smiled up at me. "Morning Freddie." I said in a soft voice. "Morning Dad!" Freddie said in a cheery tone and juped into my arms. "What do you say, we go shopping for groceries and the cook Harry a fine meal, yeah?" I asked him and my son nodded with a smile. "What are we going to cook?" the little boy asked me and I thought for a second. What should we make for him...He usually likes healty food but also fancy dishes...I think we go with fancy, I have to eat it aswell. "We will cook chicken wrapped in parma ham, stuffed with mozzarella chees and a sied of homemade mashed potatos." I told Freddie confidently.  

"But Daddy, you can't cook!" "Well I got you to help me or not?" "Of course silly" Freddie chuckeled befor I hepled him get dressed.

***********************************************************************************************

We were in the supermarket and had already searched for the potatos for what felt like an hour. I started to get worried that the chicken, the chees and the ham would start to get bad if we didn't hurry and checked out soon. The supremarket just had way to many sections to find your stuff. And to my disapproveal I couldn't find a shop assistant. This was starting out greate! 

Then I finally saw another shopper that already had potatos in her cart. "Excuse me Miss!" I tried getting her attention. She turned arround and squieled. Oh, so she's a fan.  "Hey Love!" I then said and walked over to her with Freddie sitting in our cart and looking at her as if she were crazy. The girl was crying and flustered and it was a bit much for her but I tried to calm her down. "Don't cry love." I said softly and hugged her. Freddie mimmicked my tone and also said 'Don't cry love'. "Sorry, I'm just a big fan." she said and thats when I noticed she was wearing my jersey. "How about a deal yeah? I'm going to sing your jersey and we can take a picture together and you show me where the potatos are." I gave her a wide smile and she agread. 

I singed her jersey and the we took a few pictures befor she showed me to the right section. "Thank you again for the autograph and he pics." the girl told me and I just gave her another smile and responsed with: "No, thank you." I gave her a last squez befor I pushed the cart to the ceck out.

***********************************************************************************************

We were now on our way back to the house and we listened to the radio. I softly hummed along the tune and Freddie sang ontop of his lungs. Then the song changed to a different one. Beautiful War by Kings of Leon I love this song! I'm actually thinking about sining it on the show sometime. Maybe the final if i make it. I started singing and Freddie becam really quiet and looked at me in awe. Suddenly the music got turned lower and all you could hear was my voice.

I ended the song and looked at Freddie as if I wantede him to explain why he turnde the music down. "I love hearing you sing." Freddie then told me befor turning the music back on. I shuck my head and concentrated on the road again. 

We were nearly home when Freddie spoke again. "You sing better than Papa, but don't tell him I said so!" I had to laugh st that. "Freds, Harry is way better than me. I mean he is a professional!" "I still like you better daddy!" Freddie then said in a tone thet wouldn't let me argue against it. "Well we all have different taste. But now get out, we have some cooking to do!" 

Inside the kitchen I started to prepare the food. Freddie was sitting at the bar and drinking some lemonade that Harry had made the day befor. "You enjoing Papa's lemonade?" I asked him and got a sattisfied hum in return. 

After I peeled the potatos I stuffed the chees between and inside the chicken and wrapped it afterwards in parmaham. "So Freddie we have to boile water so we can cook the potatos. Can you keep an eye on it, so I don't forget it? I asked him and Freddie nodded and pushed his chair near the stove. 

THe water soon boiled and Freddie did a great job at remainding me of it. He then stepped back as I put the potatos inside and we waited for them to get sof and cooked. while waiting we sang some silly songs like Baby Shark, the Powerrangers theme and other Childfriendly songs.

The potatos maybe, maybe ended up being overcooked, but only maybe. But we had to much fun to really care. We waited for them to cool down a bit befor freddie was allowed to turn them into mash. 

While Freddie happily mashed the potatos, I fried the chicken. In the end nothing got burned and it seemed as if nothing was still raw. Freddie might of had too much fun mashing the potatos, so now there were a few junks of mash on the floor or the wall arround the ball but for a little kid he did good enough. He is only four after all.

We then set the table and put our amazingly decent meal on it. We didn't finish a second to late because the door fell into its lock and Harry announced he was back. "Why does it smell like food in here?" Harry asked as came close. "We cooked!" Freddie and I both announced with pride. Harrys eyes grew big. He first looked both of us up and down as if looking for bruises or other injuries. He the scanned the food befor entering the still messy kitchen.

"It seems that excapt for a filthy kitchen you two did good." He then told us and I sighed in relief befor we sat down. Haarry hungrily started eating befor I or Freddie even had Food on our plate. BUt the sometihng in Harrys face changed. "Erm, Boo? Did you even use any typ of Seasoning on this or the chicken?" SHIT! I literlly felt the colour draining from my face. 

"I- I did didn't I?" I looked at him defeated. "It's not that big of a mistake. The rest is nearlly perfect and we can still put salt and pepper ontop. You did amazing for cooking for what? the third time? I mean the only other time you tried you put a pot without water on the stove. it's a huge achivement! And I'm very proud of the both of you!" Harry told us befor kissing Freddies cheek and my lips a few seconds later.