Chapter 4: Clown Alley

Giggles: "Are you alright? Seems like you had too much pie to eat."

The kids began to have a dream. They see their counselor, Lucas Sutton. Mr. Sutton came to the river to filter water for himself and the campers. Suddenly, a tall, menacing figure with sharp teeth came up from behind him. That monster was The Giggler, who is thought by the public to have been an urban myth. The Giggler grabbed him, and took a bite into his flesh. He has the superhuman ability to dismember a body by using his teeth and bare hands. He tore Mr. Sutton apart, limb from limb, and decapitated him. Another clown showed up with a machete to skin him and disguise himself as the counselor. The kids awoke to find themselves in an area with cages, and they see that Giggles has turned into the Giggler. They also find themselves tied up. Their hands are tied behind their backs with rope, their feet are tied with rope.

 Their hands are tied behind their backs with rope, their feet are tied with rope

The Giggler

The Giggler: "Fresh... Children... HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The Giggler's voice became more spine-chilling. The kids were knocked out again, and woke up, finding themselves sitting in cages.

The Giggler: "You're so precious... my sweet... precious. Here you'll be safe... unless... you don't want to play with me? Oh, I'd wish you were dead then. Sometimes, dead is better. But I love you... very... very... much." *laughs and walks off*

Angela: "I don't want to die."

John: "We need the guard's keys to escape."

Mike had a pocket knife hidden in his pocket. He used it to cut the ropes, and he pushed the cage that he is in and it fell, breaking the cage and freeing himself.

John: "Take the guard's key Mike, I don't want to play with Giggles!"

Mike: *grabs the keys from the guard and uses them and his knife to free the others*

John: "Thanks for saving my life Mike!"

Mike: "No problem."

John: "Let's hide before the clown wakes up!"

Pat: "Where do we go?"

John: "I DON'T KNOW! We have to look around for any spots to hide."

Aloysius Vinh: "Hey, I found a ladder! Let's use it to hide in the ceiling."

John: "Great thinking!"

The kids climbed up the ladder to the ceiling to hide up there. After that, John brought the ladder up so that nobody can come up to the ceiling.

Joseph Chiu: "What are you doing?"

John: "We can't leave the ladder behind! They'll notice it once they see we snuck out!"

The guard woke up and noticed that the kids have escaped from the cages.

Guard: *yawns* "What the..."

John: "Oh no! *whispers* How are we gonna avoid him now?"

Mike: "*whispers* Why are you asking me?"

John: "*whispers* I-I-I'm not sure... there has to be something here, there has to!!!"

The kids start to look for something that could help them avoid getting caught by the guard clown. One of them, Natalia Blezevic, found a saw.

Natalia: *whispers* "I found a saw!"

John: "Hmm... I got it! Use it to cut the sandbag."

Natalia walked to the sandbag, and cut the rope holding the sandbag. The sandbag fell and hit the guard, making him let out a scream and knocking him out. The kids climbed down to the ground.

John: "I hope he's dead."

?: "psst"

John: "What was that?"

It was a hostage, tied to a wooden plank with rope.

Hostage: "Kid, get me out of here."

John: "W-w-why should I?"

Hostage: "I'm Tim Martin, and I used to be a park ranger. Those clowns... they took everything away from me. I've suffered here for years."

Timothy Martin is a 44-year-old Irish-American. A married man, a father of 5 and a devout Catholic, he used to be a ranger at Portwood Park, until he disappeared back in 2016. It turned out he was kidnapped by The Giggler and the other clowns and forced to work as a performer. Whenever Tim refused to perform, he was tortured.

Tim: "I know my way around the circus... please. Please... Please get me out of here! Put me at least out of my misery!!"

John: "I don't think we should kill him. I'm only helping you because you said you know your way out of the circus."

John: "Natalia, give me your saw."

Natalia gave John the saw, and he used it to free Ranger Tim.

Tim: "Thanks kid."

John: "Show us the exit."

Tim: *breathing* "Yeah... I will. Just give me a second to breathe." *continues to breathe* "Okay, I'm ready."

The kids and Ranger Tim, whom they've found, left the tent to escape the circus.