Chapter 8: Press Conference

In Robloxia City, Central Robloxia, Robloxia, inside a house in the suburbs and on the morning after the Portwood incident, a man is watching TV in the morning. His name is William Arthur Leighton III, nicknamed Bill. He is one of the Counselors to the Prime Minister of Robloxia. He is 30-years-old, married with two daughters and one son, and has a good life. However, what the general public and Bill himself does not know is that Bill Leighton's father is the Giggler. Bill's mother, Christine, has been keeping this a secret for years out of fear for her son's life.

 Bill's mother, Christine, has been keeping this a secret for years out of fear for her son's life

William A. Leighton III

Bill was watching the news while eating his breakfast, and suddenly, he hears news about an incident that occurred at Portwood Park.

Anchor: "There was an incident that occurred at Portwood National Park in the United States. 16 children were kidnapped by The Giggler, who was thought to have been an urban myth, but is actually a serial killer who lurked in Portwood Park for years. Among the victims was Patrick McDermot, a nephew of the US Ambassador to Robloxia."

Bill: *gasps* "Honey, mom, come here!"

Theresa Leighton: "What is it Bill?"

Bill: "Some clown called The Giggler kidnapped 16 kids and tried to kill them. One of them is nephew to an American ambassador here."

Christine Leighton: "Son, there's something I should have told you a long time ago."

Bill: "What is it?"

Christine: "Your father, Billy Leighton, is The Giggler. He is the killer clown who had been killing children for years."

So Christine told her son about his father, and how he killed people and was able to get away with murder.

Bill: "Mom, why didn't you tell me this?"

Christine: "I kept it a secret from you to keep you safe. I'm sorry for hiding this from you. I realized now that we are safe in Robloxia."

Bill: "That's okay mom. I gotta tell the public about this. Theresa, get ready, we're going to the capitol, and take the kids with us."

Bill and his family went to the Robloxian Capitol. In the afternoon, he is at a press conference. He is prepared to reveal what he knows about The Giggler. Detective Frank Kavanaugh was speaking at the press conference.

Frank Kavanaugh: "And now, Mr. Leighton has prepared a statement. You may come up Mr. Leighton."

Bill then came up to the podium to make his statement on the Portwood incident and take questions.

Bill: "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I have a statement to make in regard to the incident that occurred at Portwood National Park

Bill: "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I have a statement to make in regard to the incident that occurred at Portwood National Park. I want to offer my condolences to the 17 people who suffered and their families, and to the family of the guidance counselor who was murdered because of what The Giggler did. I am glad that the 15 kids and Mr. Martin have survived that incident that occurred in America. Sadly, one of the teens is still missing, and the authorities are still looking for him. Hopefully, those clowns will be brought to justice. There is something you should know about The Giggler. It's something that has been kept a secret from me for years and now I know it. The truth is... The Giggler is my father, William Leighton Jr."

The reporters at the conference stood up to ask Bill questions, wanting answers from him.