39 - We Are All Set?

‘The corpse?’ Bee asked.

'Mar's Dad's?'

'How many corpses do you know, Aar? I'm trying to talk to Mr. Om here.'

‘It’s in the plane. What about your parents? Won't they worry?’

‘Aar and I told them we're going on a trip with you. You’re quite the big figure around here, so they were all for it.'

‘Oh, thank Satan.’

I bummed in. (“Bum” reminds me of Jason, too. Wow, Jason must be hiccupping considering how much I think of him.) ‘You guys really shouldn’t come along,' I said to Aar and Bee.

They both looked me in the eye-sockets. ‘You think?’ they said together.

‘You could die!’ I argued. I was worried for them. This was a huge gamble, and they didn’t need to bet on anything. This was my poop, I had to clean it up.

Aar and Bee looked at each other this time. ‘We know,' they said together again.

Their telepathy is a greater power than my curse, I remember thinking, and smiled. We were all in this together.

Then something licked my calves.

'Wait, what’s See doing here?’

Bee blushed. ‘Well, my Mom won’t let me go without him. Says it’s trouble feeding this fatso and taking him on a walk and all. Also, for safekeeping, she said I should take See. I couldn’t convince her otherwise, I’m sorry.’

I sighed, smiling still. ‘I told you, you don’t have to do this.’

‘Oh, really?’ she said. ‘Need I remind you who came up with this plan?’

And with that she climbed on board Mr. Om's private jet. Aar followed. See looked up at me with her pretty – and pretty lazy – eyes.

Wanna play catch? those eyes said.

‘Wait until all this has blown over,' I answered, taking a deep breath. ‘Come on, See. We got a long flight ahead of us.’