Chapter 1.

"He got that, mm, green eyes, givin' me signs
That he really wants to know my name, hey
I saw you lookin' from across the way
And suddenly, I'm glad I came, ay!
Ven para acá quiero bailar, toma mi mano
Quiero sentir tu cuerpo en mi, estás temblando
Mm, green eyes, takin' your time
Now we know we'll never be the same"

Allegra

When I was little, I always wanted to be the hero of the story. I remember how I used to play with my dad, he was the prince charming and I was the badass princess, saving him from an imaginary villain, that most of the times was one of my teddy bears.

Truth was that growing up, I wasn't a badass woman, and my dad saved me from the monsters of my life more than once, while my mum preferred giving me a pep talk about how everything happened for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no damsels in distress, I can take care of myself, but sometimes, especially when it came to my love life and boys, my dad had to help pick up the pieces. This until I met Christopher, my first love.

I was seventeen when I first saw him at school, he was the new boy, every girl was drooling over him. He was shy at first, but once you got to know him, he was the funniest guy I've ever known. Gentle, passionate and caring. It was easy for me to fell in love with him.
Long story short, we started dating and we were like glue, until, at the age of eighteen I decided I was tired of the usual routine, I wanted to travel so I to put everything I had in a backpack and travel around Europe for a year. And I did on my own, I wanted to prove myself I didn't need a man to be happy, that I could take care of myself.

That was the first time we broke up. It was heart-shattering, I actually cried for a day before my departure and my dad was there, eating ice-cream with me without my mum knowing.
Don't get me wrong, I love my mum, but she has her own way of seeing the world... And she would have never let me eat all that ice-cream, it contains too many processed sugars. She would probably give some natural, gluten-free shit.

Anyway I year later, when I finally decided it was time to go back home, Christopher was still there, waiting for me. From there, I went to college, wanting to become an editor, while he decided to try and became a detective. We moved to London, rented a flat together and even adopted a dog, Odi, my pride and joy.

Everything was going well, we were happy and in love until we weren't. It was a slow process, everyone was expecting us to get married and have babies together, but the more time passed, the more we grown apart.
We were acting like brother and sister, like friends. We didn't have sex, we didn't kiss anymore, we were just two people living in the same house. One day, we sat down and together we decided that our relationship was going nowhere, so we broke up.

Again, my dad was there, helping me move out when I found another place to live, while my mum was at my new flat making some ritual with a pink candle to bless the house.

That's when I met Jace, my new neighbour, he lived at the next door with his boyfriend, Mark. Both of them were standing in the hall, watching as my mum danced around, singing God's know what.

We bound immediately, mostly because of Odi, since Jace is a veterinarian, and our friendship growth in a blink of an eyes, making him one of my best friends, besides Ronnie.

I met her when I first moved to London, one night as I was out with some colleagues. She tried to hit on me, not believing I was straight, telling me she could make me change my mind, but when I showed her a pic of Chris on my phone, she decided I had every right to like men, seeing the one I was fucking - her words, not mine. And between a sexual remark and a gin tonic, we became friends.