Chapter 13

"Oh yeah
Somethin' 'bout you makes me feel like a dangerous woman
Somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout you
Makes me wanna do things that I shouldn't
Somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout you
All girls wanna be like that
Bad girls underneath, like that"

****

Allegra

"You're a strong, independent woman. You're confident and sexy and you've got this." I say to my reflection in the mirror, "If he stands you up again or arrives late, you're done with him. No matter how gorgeous, charming, alluring, sexy and sweet he is. You are done."

I sound crazy, don't I? Giving myself a pep talk, but I need to boot my confidence up a little.

Yesterday I might have done a good job of teasing him a little and giving him a taste of his own medicine, but today it's a different story. For once, yesterday I had bourbon running through my veins and it helped me loosen up a bit and for a second, my judgement was slightly clouded by his intoxicating perfume and the presence of Barbie Glam.

I never acted that way, no kidding, I'm not the jealous type. But seeing Katlyn rubbing herself on him or giving him doe eyes woke something up inside me I didn't even know existed.

I give the blame to the little demon. It's all her fault.

And I also blame her for the outfit Ronnie and Jace convinced me to wear. Way out of my comfort zone. The talked me into wear a high-waisted, leather mid-thigh skirt and a silk grey blouse with a very low V-cut neck tucked inside of it. It shows practically everything and since I put it on I did nothing but tug the fabric to cover my boobs.

There's a reason if this blouse was in the back of my closet, along with the dress they made me were on the first date with Mr Hottie.

But Ronnie kept telling me how Mr Hottie's mouth would fall as soon as he saw me and how she was sure he wouldn't be able to resist me, and Jace did nothing but agree with her.

That's why at first I thought: yeah, his mouth will hang on the fucking floor as soon as he'll see me, and all he can do is look but not touch. Serves him right.

But now, all I can think about is that I probably look desperate and ridiculous. Serves me right for listening to Jace and Ronnie.

I'm one step away from pulling this outfit off of my body and put on a simple dress but the ringing of my intercom stops me.

He is here. And he is early.

"You are a panther. Give him hell, Allegra." I say at my reflection as I roar at the mirror and turn around to open the main door.

Odi is with Chris for the weekend, he'll be back tomorrow night, and the flat is strangely quiet without him. Yesterday, when I got home from the lounge bar - Mr Hottie called me a cab since he wasn't driving and gave me a very heated kiss before I got in it - I felt lonely without him and ended up sleeping in Jace apartment, in his bed since Marcus was at work.

I miss my baby boy.

Exhaling loudly, I run a hand through my hair and open the door ajar, before I turn around and walk to the bathroom to check my makeup while I wait for Mr Hottie to come up.

Now that I think about it. I didn't even check if it was him. Oh god. What if I just opened the door to a psychopath or a serial killer? What if I just left my door open for robbers to come in? I don't even have Odi here to protect me. And obviously, I had to leave my phone on the kitchen counter.