Chapter 17

Yeah
Started off right
I can see it in your eyes
I can tell that you're wantin' more
What's been on your mind?
There's no reason we should hide
Tell me somethin' I ain't heard before
Oh, I've been dreamin' 'bout it
And it's you I'm on
So stop thinkin' 'bout it
Can't we just talk?
Can't we just talk?
Talk about where we're goin'
Before we get lost
Let me out first (yeah)
Can't get what we want without knowin' (no)
I've never felt like this before
I apologize if I'm movin' too far
Can't we just talk?
Can't we just talk?
Figure out where we're growin'

****

Allegra

From Mr Hottie: My mum has a cat, Dotty. She treats her like a child.

From Mr Hottie: I had sex for the first time at 15.

From Mr Hottie: Once I got drunk and my friends took a pic of me having a pee. I think they post it on twitter.

From Mr Hottie: I used to play dolls with my sister and put her bra's on my head and pretend I was Stich (From Lilo&Stich)

From Mr Hottie: My sister's name is Gemma and she's 3 years older than me. She used to put makeup on me and pretend I was her baby.

From Mr Hottie: My life is a mess, I have trust issues and I work way too much.

From Mr Hottie: Have lunch with me, Pretty eyes.

This is just a part of the long list of texts Mr Hottie sent me in the last three days, since the night he waited for me outside my apartment.

I warmed my heart, seeing he was finally making an effort and giving me small glimpses of his life, nothing too much, just a few funny anecdotes, but it was exactly what I asked him to do. I didn't want to know the story of his life right way - I myself didn't tell him everything about me - I just wanted him to open up a little.

Albeit of progress he made, I didn't reply to his texts once, I just let him write whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. His messages never came at the same hour or all together, he wrote them when he found something to say, even at 3 am, which I found sweet, it meant he was thinking about me even at that hour, right?

Anyway, until this morning, I never replied but now, his request to have lunch together is taunting me and I don't know what to do.

Should I give him another chance to prove himself? Should I just give up and move on?

Mr Hottie proved more than once to not be the most trustworthy man on earth, he forgets dates, doesn't reach out and just disappears. At the same time though, I can see the efforts he makes every time he fucks up, and that's why now I have so many doubts.

"Your coffee, Al." Claire enters in my office without knocking and places a cup of coffee in front of me at the same time as I lock my phone and throw it on the desk with a loud huff after I read for the millionth time his last text.

"Thank you," I mumble, taking a sip.

She looks at me with a frown and takes a seat, crossing her legs and folding her arms over her chest, "What's up?"