8. Alex Flynn

< Alex

(Liam's P

(Liam's P.O.V.)

"Are you sure you'll be fine? How will you get home, Liam?" my mother's worried voice asked through my phone.

I looked up at the sky. It was still raining heavily and I knew I couldn't just step out of the shed of the bus stand. I would immediately be soaked wet. But somehow I had to get home too. Ivory was down with a fever and had stayed home, so there was no way I was going to ask her to pick me up. Mom was visiting grandma so she wasn't available either.

"I guess I'll just wait it out. You be safe. Love ya," I told her and ended the call.

I plopped myself down on the waiting bench and . . . well . . . waited.

The reason this was particularly difficult, was that all this waiting was giving me so much time to think. Images from that night kept switching in front of my eyes. The guns, the blood, the body, the killer. Hell, if he found me alone here, he could kill me just as brutally as he wanted, and nobody would know.

What I did refuse to think about was the mysterious raven haired stranger. I was simply just not going to think about what happened there, because it was too personal at so many levels. I'd rather rewind the murder multiple times then think about him.

I looked up at the sky again, silently pleading for it to stop raining. I couldn't just keep sitting here, alone with my thoughts, any longer. I pushed myself off the bench and stepped out from underneath the shed. A shiver went down my spine causing me to wrap my arms around myself as the coldness of the rain hit me, soaking my clothing. I regretted not bringing my coat with me, if not much, it would have kept me warmer at least by some margin.

I wiped my hair back from my face and started walking anyway, praying that I wouldn't get a horrible cold in the morning. Only one of us could afford being sick with mom gone.

A car honked, stopping right in front of me. My steps faltered. Oh dear god, not the murderer, please, anything but the murderer.

My sanity was telling me to keep moving and just walk past the car. My body however decided that it would be a good idea to stop working. I froze in my spot, staring at the blinding headlights.

Someone stepped out of the car and within a matter of seconds an umbrella was over my head, preventing the rain from soaking me more than it already had.

Now my body decided to work as my face flushed red and eyes widened in recognition.

"And we meet again, Liam Keith." The exact raven haired stranger that I did not want to think about smirked at me.

Oh great. Just what I needed.

"God you're wet," he breathed and handed me the umbrella. My eyes followed his moments as he took off his coat and gently placed it on my shoulder.