18. Almost Dead and Very Much Dead ⚠

< Cameron

(Ivory's P

(Ivory's P.O.V.)

"If you're going to sneak wounded boys into the house, you've got to be a little less obvious about it," I spoke up as soon as I heard Liam's footsteps lazily coming downstairs.

He pinched his nose in frustration, causing a smirk to break out on my lips. "Give it a rest Sherlock. Do you have nothing better to do than to spy on your own brother?"

"Nothing escapes my eagle eyes." I shrugged. "Besides, Alex isn't too good at sneaking out, he broke a photo frame. For someone who kills for a living, I expected better."

"What time did he leave?" he asked, ignoring my last statement.

I rolled my eyes at him when I noticed the small blush spreading on his skin, which he was very unsuccessfully trying to hide by pulling at the neck of his shirt. I didn't understand why he even bothered trying to hide it. It was an established fact now, Alex meant Liam becoming a red tomato.

"Oh please tell me you didn't fuck. I'll have to bury him alive." I scrunched up my nose, barely stifling my laugh when he almost dropped the glass in his hand .

"Get your mind out of the gutter." He glared and sat down next to me.

"Hey, did Ashton pick your call? I tried several times as soon as I woke up. I figured he might be pissed, it completely slipped out of my mind due to . . . " he trailed off, not saying Alex's name.

I frowned. "No, he didn't answer my call either. Maybe he's just shaken from everything that's happening. I mean, he gets answers today doesn't he?"

"Way to celebrate the twenty fifth," Liam tsked.

"Anyway," I said, finished with my breakfast, "I'll go check on him, got nothing better to do, perks of having night shifts."

"I'll try to get out of work early too, 'cause I doubt Tristan would let me take another off," he said. I kissed him on the cheek before grabbing my stuff and walking towards my car.

The cold air hit me like a truck the minute I stepped out of the house, making me shiver and pull the coat close to my body. I pulled open the door of my car and got in, turning on the heater to warm up again. Whoever invented heaters had my greatest respects.

I could've just walked to his place, we lived pretty close anyway, but I decided to see Jules later on and no way in hell was I walking in this chilly weather. I pulled up next to his house, instantly narrowing my eyes at a black Ferrari that stood there.

Cameron.

No doubt it was the asshole's car.

And Jules was standing right next to it to confirm my assumption.

I got out, locking my own car behind me and looked for the other car that was absent, signaling that Theo wasn't home.

What did Cameron want here?