6. A Familiar Face

< Ivory

(Ivory's P

(Ivory's P.O.V.)

The four of us had been in so much trouble together, but none of them this thrilling. Everything about the Rossetts was just so . . . classy. Ashton absolutely loved making theories about what could their big secret be. But me? They amazed me. Of course there was something suspicious about them, the whole town was aware of that and after getting a close look into their lives now, I could laugh at the idea of them running a flower business, or well, at least only flower business. But I still couldn't help being wowed. What must it be like? Living as a Rossett? I could only wonder.

One thing I knew for sure was that I had this opportunity at hand. I could spend a whole night pretending to be a Rossett, and I was going to make the most of it.

Ashton had run off somewhere as soon as we came here. I snickered at the thought of Ashton checking each and every room like a cop trying to find proof against the Rossetts. If you hadn't guessed it by now, that boy had no respect for privacy. He didn't hate the Rossetts or anything, that was for sure, he just didn't like mysteries and the Rossetts were . . . everything about mystery.

Theo had soon gone off after him. He was the responsible one and that's exactly why the four of us were good together. Ashton and I were reckless, we needed someone to get us out of trouble or control us; Theo and Liam were a bit too serious at times, they needed us to let loose.

Liam had been shifting from one foot to another, awkwardly playing with his fingers until he got Theo's text as an excuse to get away from my nagging. All I had been trying to do was to get him to enjoy a little. Everyone here was looking like such a treat, but nope. Distractions, distractions, distractions. Distractions he was so much capable of finding to avoid distractingly beautiful people.

Right before he left, my eyes happened to spot a very familiar pair of chocolate brown eyes and the resting bitch face that I did recognise. Taking advantage of Liam's distraction, I had slipped away from him.

The asshat couldn't see me in front of my brother in case he, too, did recognise me. That would've become a whole other level of awkwardness and things I wouldn't have wanted to explain.

I slipped through the crowd over to the bar and took a breath of relief. I sat down, ordered a drink for myself and waited as I casually tapped my fingers on the counter. This party was not going as fun as I had expected. My eyes scanned the crowd to make sure that the asshat hadn't spotted me.

As soon as my drink was delivered someone sat next to me. "One for me too, same as the lady."

I turned to look at the source of the voice, mentally face palming when I realised I knew him. Cameron Ty.

He looked at me for a fraction of second and then frowned. "You seem familiar," he said, squinting his eyes at me.

Of course you do you idiot. I threw a glass of drink at you . . . multiple times.