21. A Small Revelation

< Ivory

(Ivory's P

(Ivory's P.O.V.)

"I don't understand why we're here. We should be there, since when did you start trusting the Rossett family?"

I closed my eyes in frustration. Liam had been on my tail the moment I came back home. I shouldn't have told him the truth. I loved him with all my heart, but he was kind of annoying me now. Well, more like making me feel stupid for trusting the asshat.

Speaking of which, I had obviously skipped the 'Juliana loses her mind and Cameron saves the day' part. That was something he didn't need to know. Dealing with one murder was enough for him.

I, however, must've had some broken screws in my mind, because I was feeling absolutely no remorse. Maybe that was because I had, in some way, expected this. Not the Juliana part . . . obviously, but the ever present fishy aura around Cameron, then actually having my suspicions confirmed, or more than confirmed. Maybe somewhere between all that I had just expected to wind up in a situation like this.

And about Juliana going bonkers over Cameron and me, just thinking about it gave me creeps.

What was worse was his 'you are awfully oblivious' moment. His eternal resting bitch face had broken just for seconds, but not long enough for me to decipher what in the heavens name had it meant. To say I was confused was a fucking understatement.

"Ivory!"

"What?" I yelled back at him.

"Are you even listening to me?" He was literally on my tail. I had been going back and forth from the living room to my own room and he hadn't stopped rambling for a single second.

"Of—" My phone started ringing, saving me from having to answer his blunder of questions.

When I saw who it was, I immediately picked it up, relief flooding through my body. "Ashton? You absolute bimbo. Who the fuck gets kidnaped on their own fucking birthday, you idiot? Where the hell are you? Are you home? Are you safe? Where's Theo? Wh—" I stopped my parade of questions when I heard a choked sob on the other end of the call.

"Ashton?" I called, this time softer. "Are you okay? What's wrong monkey?"

"I—" He sucked in a sharp breath— "I'm at the hospital."

"What? Are you okay?" I yelled again and only lowered my voice when I saw Liam plugging his fingers in his ears.

'What is it?' he mouthed at me.

"I-It's not me. Ana . . . she . . . Theo . . ."

"What're you saying, Ashton? If it's not you then who? What about Theo? Is he okay? We're coming to the hospital, that is assuming that you are in the city hospital so correct me if I'm wrong." I caught Liam's eye.