Four

Bret and Rikki'd decided to go stay with their bassist during the week leading up to Christmas, and prolly even though New Year's, too. Their lead guitarist was planning on heading over on the Night of Christmas Eve since he still wasn't quite as close as the three of them were. At least he was planning on spending Time with them, his own coke addiction aside, when he coulda decided to ignore them altogether.

        Sitting in Bobby's living room, they were watching whatever happened to be on MTV at the moment–even if one of their own few Music videos. They hadn't quite been ready to go to bed when their friend was, although they hadn't thought he'd actually get much, if any sleep again tonight. He'd been pretty agitated for the last few Days, ever since his mate'd gotten back Stateside from his short tour through Japan. At first, they'd thought that he was likely on the verge of going into heat, so they hadn't really thought anything of even his constant fidgeting.

        It was then that the younger bassist finally made an admission that neither of them woulda expected for at least a couple more Years. As it turned out, he'd found out the Day before Nikki's Return that he was pregnant, despite how rocky their relationship'd been the last two or three Years. Finding out such awesome news when it felt like everything was falling apart at the seams was enough to make him wanna do a happy dance, but it was also kinda like a slap in the faceta him.

        That was part of why he was so agitated during the past week–he hadn't even gotten a chanceta tell the older bassist the news before he'd taken off for parts unknown. He'd basically come in, thrown his bags across the master bedroom, and taken off on the grounds that he needed a Night out. It was as if he hadn't wanted to spend any Time with the man he was supposedly gonna be with for over a Century, and that'd pissed the pair of blondes off. Wanting to help their friend get in touch with him to share his news, they'd started asking around to find out who'd seen him. It'd taken only about an hour for the phone to ring, GN'R's Duff McKagan on the other End of the line when Bret'd answered.

        "Yeah, a mutual friend said they saw him with Slash and Popcorn at the Franklin about an hour ago," he'd told him. "Said it looked like they were leaving, so who knows where they're at by now."

        "Prolly somewhere on the Strip, then," the vocalist'd responded. "At least it gives us a placeta start looking for him, though."

        "I'm heading out here in a lil while," Duff'd said. "I'll keep my eyes peeled and give ya another call, if I see him for myself."

        "Ya don't have to do that, but it's appreciated," he'd chuckled.

        That short conversation'd been three Days ago, and every Time the blonde bassist'd updated them on where Nikki'd last been seen, he seemed to stay a step ahead of them. He and Rikki'd take off to go find him and attempt dragging him back home, only to find out they'd missed him by a few short minutes. Neither of them could seem to catch the elusive Cat, whether they stuck together or split up, and they'd finally just given up.

        In favor of being there to support Bobby instead, they'd headed back to the bassists' house in Van Nuys, their hands essentially thrown in the Air. There wasn't anything more they could do in regardsta trying to get the older one home, and they weren't gonna waste anymore of their Time and Energy on it. As far as they were concerned, it was simply Time to just kick back and relax while not keeping their friend awake when he really needed his rest. Having something interesting on TV to watch certainly woulda been helpful, but they weren't Creative Souls for nothing–they could make their own entertainment when need be.

        A sudden blood-curdling scream ringing out upstairs startled both of the blondes into falling off the couch, yelps ringing out as they bumped heads and smacked elbows. Once they'd untangled themselves from the human pretzel they'd somehow wound up in, they jumped up and darted up the stairsta the guest room Bobby slept in. They weren't too sure what the hell they were gonna find once they got up there, but they certainly weren't expecting to find their friend absolutely hysterical.