No more False hope

Richies POV
I dreamt of the messages, I had read the sentences over and over again until they were burned into my memory
"Eddie...you held me
Eddie:I was drinking...
So that's the only reason?
Eddie:yes rich what other reason would it be
You were the least drunk out of all of us Eddie, why lie?"
Why did he lie
I then thought of how he reacted to both times of us waking up next to each other. Two opposite reactions.
My mind raced through 1000+ thoughts until I woke up, breathing heavily.
I started to sob lightly as Stan grabbed onto me soon as he felt me move.
"I don't understand Stanley,I just don't understand..." I wept "Im sorry Richie I truly am" I put my head into the crease of his elbow as he rocked me.
It felt like hours but was actually about 10 minutes until I fell asleep. I've lost count of how many times I've cried my self to sleep since I met Eddie. It was his fault all of this was happening.
Eddies POV
Stanley held onto Richie until his body went limp meaning he had drifted to sleep.
"I don't understand Stanley, I just don't understand" the last couple words he said before he slowly calmed down.
I started to think about what I said to Richie. I grabbed my phone to look back through the messages.
"It hurts that you don't feel the same."
My brain tried to piece together the sentence where it could make sense. My heart knew what it meant but my brain wanted it to mean something different.
Stanley sat there awake his back against the wall looking up at the ceiling as Richie was laying on his stomach. Richies head still in the crease of his arm and his arms around his waist. Stanley rubbed small circles onto Richies back as he slept. He hadn't moved, it was dark but I could still make out small details: Richies back rising and falling, Beverly turning to her side as she stretched.
Bill laying beside me. He faced the wall as I faced towards Richies bed.
Stanley soon moved his head looking at my bed.
He grabbed his phone and started typing.
                     Stanley
Stan:hi
Eddie:Hi, was Richie okay just a bit ago?
Stan:No...
Eddie:I'm sorry Stan for making him cry, he asked why I acted the way I did.
Stan: Wdym
Eddie:He asked if when we laid together meant something
Eddie:and I said not really we're just friends. He said friends don't do that. Eddie:And then he asked why I reacted the way I did the first time I woke up beside him vs the second time.
Stan:you lied didn't you
Eddie: yes I lied I'm sorry I really mean it
Stan:I believe you when you say you're sorry
Eddie: he then said "it hurts that you don't feel the same way" I don't know what it means Stan, he deleted the message but I still saw it
Stan:You do know what it means, you just don't wanna
Eddie: You're right, but Stan I don't feel the same way as he does
Stan:you've let him down enough by giving him false hope, and telling him you wanna stay friends is gonna tear him down even more.
Eddie:I don't know what to do Stanley...
Stan: You'll figure it out sooner or later
Eddie: Thank you Stanley
Stan:you're welcome
I put my phone down and sat up and walked to use the bathroom.
After getting back Stanley fell asleep.
I slowly walked past Richie to make sure his back would rise again. He shivered. I grabbed a blanket and threw it over him Stanley and Beverly. I then put one over Ben, and then Mike Bill and I.
I slowly drifted to sleep listening to everyone's breathing.