Part 13

"Yaad ho Gaya ya phir Dekhkar gaaya ??"
"Almost ho hi Gaya hai. Bohot acchi pakad hai uski music pe. Jhat se gaana Yaad ho Gaya" appreciated Sameer.
"Wo toh Hoga hi. Meri tarah intelligent Jo hai" replied Naina smiling proudly and both ended giggling.
"Ab mujhe tumse Kuch poochna hai" said Sameer in a serious face. Seeing his face and voice turning serious, Naina too got indulged in the moment.
"Poocho"
"Kya Samaira ko ya tumhe, Kisi cheez se khatra hai ??" asked Sameer looking directly into her eyes.
Naina's face faded. She looked Sameer confusingly yet knowing that he has developed some information.
"Aaaisa kyu pooch rahe ho ??" Her shaking voice made her more clear.
"Bas poochna hai. Tum mujhe batao"
"Mmai Nahi bata Sakti" This hit Sameer hard. He was not still in her confidence to open up all her secrets and insecurities.
"Khatra hai ya Nahi bas yahi bata do. Reason Nahi poochunga jab tak khud Nahi bataogi" declared Sameer not making an eye contact which made Naina realize that she had hurt him.
"Aisa Nahi hai ki tumpar bharosa Nahi hai. Bharosa hai magar ... Magar darr hai. Bas yahi darr rokta hai. Sahi samay aane par bataungi. Aur rahi Baat khatre ki toh, Haan. Khatra hai." declared Naina.
Sameer smiled at the building trust but naina's tearfilled eyes pierced him.
"Samaira aur tumhe Kuch Nahi hone doonga. Thoda sa bharosa aur Karke dekh lo. Samaira ki poori Raksha karunga."
Naina just smiled at his assurance and clutched his hands tightly.
"Thank you" that's the only thing she could utter at the moment.

___________________________________________

"Ready ho na ??"
"Haan"
"Darr lag Raha Hai ??"
"Thoda thoda"
"Koi baat Nahi. Thoda darr rahega magar usey negative tareeke se mat Lena. Ye positive stress hai Jo tumhe himmat dega. Ok."
"Ok" replied Samaira half understood.
"Chalo ab Apne friends ke paas chale jaao. All the best. Bilkul darna mat" assured Sameer kissing on her forehead.
"Bye uncle" saying so she headed towards the group.
Sameer waved back and the went towards the auditorium.

The Competition started. Children were singing turn by turn getting huge round of applause. Most of the children sang in their very childish tone and forgot the lyrics and ended up crying while most sang beautifully winning hearts. When Samaira's turn came, Sameer heart thumped inside his chest making him scare more than the little girl. She walked on the stage. She practiced on karaoke and was arranged by the school too. It has been 5 minutes. Samaira was standing in front of the mike, waiting for the tune to be played but no sound was there. Her nervousness was increasing every bit. Sameer looked at the technicians side. He quickly reached them and asked about the fault. Samaira's eyes were filled with tears by the time. Little sobs escaped her mouth. Sameer's eyes fell on her. He quickly climbed the stage and hugged her to calm her down.

"Shhh. Sab theek hai. Aap ready ho na ?? Bas gaana chalu hone wala. Chalo jaldi se bada wala smile do"
Samaira smiled with tearfilled eyes and Sameer went down from the stage. Karaoke played and Samaira's original smile took over on her face. Sameer sat heavily on his seat and joined the claps which audience did for the upliftment of the child.

Aate Jaate
Haste Gaate
Socha Tha Maine Mann Mein Kayi Baar

Sameer again got engulfed in the memories and not so clear flashbacks. A boy in black turtle neck top - surrounded by 4 boys - girls drooling around - samosas and cold drink bottles kept.

Wo pehli Nazar
Halka Sa Asar
Karta Hai Kyu Iss Dil Ko Bekaraar

A girl in blue tunic - aloo paratha in lunch - pigtailed head peeping - the face not making its view clear.

Ruk'ke Chalna
Chalke Rukna
Na Jaane Tumhe Hai Kiska Intezaar

School playground - stapu - a girl jumping on the blocks - lost in her own world - surrounded by girls.

The Incomplete Life 💔 {COMPLETED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें