It was morning and I was still feeling a bit weak. It's not as bad as last night, and I was able to walk.

Everywhere around the cave was a mess, and a few people got hurt. There was shattered glass, tails (do not ask why), and blood.

I sigh and grab a broom and start to sweep up some of the glass just to be nice. What other use was I right now? Olive was still dead asleep, and I am sure mostly everyone is right now. I look at all of the damage once again, I was the cause of this.

I pick up the other debris and put it in the trash. I try to extend my wings, but I was not able to. They really took me out. Dave said this was not permanent, but I had that thought in the back of my mind that it was.

I walk towards the entrance of the cave and notice the sun rising. I sit at the edge of the cliff and dangle my legs over the edge. I felt someone sit down next to me, and I look and see a girl that looks around my age.

She has jet black and purple hair. Her eyes were a mixture of the rising sun, and her skin was a bit tan. She wore a blue tank top and ripped black jeans (not again). She had on combat boots like most of the others, and her arms were covered in tattoos.

"Um, hello?"

"Hey," her voice was really soft and pure, I wondered if she was an angel.

"I've seen you around, but I've never gotten your name."

"I don't have a name. Everyone just calls me Angel."

I look to the side and sigh. Angel looks at me and smiles a bit.

"You must be Dex, right?"

I nod.

"I've heard a lot about you and your power. Tawder talks about you all the time," Angel says, looking back at the rising sun. I was a bit tempted to analyze her, but I kept my eyes away.

"So, what's your reasoning for being here?"

"Oh, my birth parents came to this forest and Tawder put a curse on them. He told them perish or he gets to have me. They chose to give me to him. I've been in this group for my whole life, and it's made me into a better person that I could ever be."

I frown a bit, "You aren't like any of the others, you're kind and caring."

"And that's where I get my name. A bunch of people that were in this group long ago gave it to me. They died later in battle, but I do not remember their names or their appearances," Angel smiles a bit.

"What power do you have?"

Angel looks at me, "I can fly and heal. Nothing special, really."

"Well aren't we like some of the few people that can fly?"

Angel nods, "Yeah, I'm just not able to carry multiple people."

"I see the two of you are bonding."

Angel and I turn around and Tawder was standing right there.

"Tawder!" Angel runs to Tawder and hugs him. I raise an eyebrow and stand up.

"So, you try to get me to date you, and it turns out you already have a girlfriend?"

Tawder chuckles nervously, and Angel looks back at me, "You can join us!"

I shake my head, "I'm good, I have a boyfriend."

I stand up and walk past Tawder and Angel.

"Please stay safe, Dex. I enjoyed talking to you, and I don't want anyone else to die."

Tawder seemed like he did not hear what she said, so I quickly analyzed her before walking back into the cave. Besides healing and flying, she could stop time. That power screamed danger at me and to never learn it. I would not want to anyways.

I walked back to mine and Olive's room. He was awake, doing his hair. I walk up behind him and hug him. He jumps a bit and turns around.

"I was wondering where you went. I thought you still needed more time to heal," he says, patting my head lightly.

"I feel a lot better, but my power isn't back yet. I met another girl. Her name is Angel, and she's really nice."

"Go on," Olive looks back at the mirror and continues to do his hair.

"She's dating Tawder."

Olive drops his hairbrush and looks at me.

"What?"

"I know, but she asked if I wanted to join them," I shiver a bit and look at the ground.

Olive sighs, "Tawder is a real cheater."

"Or he's looking for a threesome," I giggle lightly.

Olive smiles a bit and he gestures towards the bed,"You probably need to lay down, I think you're seeing things."

I lay down on the bed and sigh lightly. I close my eyes and think to myself a bit. I feel Olive lay down next to me and I open my eyes.

"You might need your bandages changed soon."

"I can change them myself."

Olive groans a bit and I laugh lightly. I snuggle into Olive's side and I poke his chest lightly.

"I swear, you are something else."
~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey everyone! Here's the update I promised, and I'm sorry again for not updating for over a week. School is over with and I'm ready to get the update schedule back on track! I can't wait to finish this book, but the ending is nowhere near yet. There's still a lot to come, and hopefully it won't be easily predicted.
(Edited May 15, 2020)
Lee