13

It has been a few days since we have rescued Jeri from the government. Tawder has not come out of his room since he ran off with Dave to his room. I am a bit worried about Angel, but knowing her, she is probably fine.

I was in the kitchen fixing something for Hae, Jeri, Olive and I to eat, and I just went with sandwiches. Life was chill ever since Tawder told everyone we were off for a while.

I walk back to the room with our sandwiches. Tawna and Hive were playing on the game systems, Gia was reading, and Milly was talking with Tawna and Hive while they played. Everyone seemed happy over there, probably because Tawder was not acting like an asshole.

I open the door and Olive smiles, taking the plate from my hands. Jeri was in a chair with a cane in her hands. She has been trying to walk since yesterday, and she is getting better. Her legs have been stiff since she was trapped for so long. I hope Jeri will be able to walk without a cane soon, otherwise Tawder will not be happy with us.

"These are so good! Thanks Dex!" Jeri says with a mouthful. Hae laughs and nods in agreement.

"After I'm done eating, I'm going to check on Dave and Tawder and see how Angel is doing," I say, taking a sandwich.

"Don't be surprised if he doesn't let you in. Angel is very close to him, and he always keeps her in isolation here. He was scared the government was going to take her if she stayed here by herself, so she came with us," Hae says, leaning against the wall.

I nod and finish up my sandwich. I stand up and Olive looks up at me.

"Be careful in there."

"I will, don't worry."

I smile and walk out of the room. I have a knife ready in my back pocket just incase Tawder attacks me. I approach the door and breathe heavily. I knock on it.

No answer.

"Tawder? Dave? Angel?"

I put my ear to the door and hear panting. My eyes widen and I open the door.

It was horrifying.

Dave was on the ground, in a pool of blood. Tawder was far away from them, his eyes big. I run to Dave and start to heal them. They were barely alive, they had a faint pulse and a slash covered their neck. I finish healing them and I pick them up, turning towards Tawder.

"What the hell happened in here?" I glare at him.

"You fucking bitch. What does it look like?!" Tawder growls, pointing at Angel.

Angel was not moving, she was very pale. She was dead, I could feel it. I am not able to bring her back or try to heal her.

"T-Tawder, I'm so sorry."

Tawder looks off to the side, "I couldn't save her. I should of had her stay home. It always happens to the ones I love the most! They die!" He slams a fist into the wall.

I frown, "Do you have a curse on you?"

"Yes. Long ago, I chose to take the path of being immortal. I didn't think of the consequences. I was then told that every woman I would catch feelings for or date would perish in 4 years," he looks at me.

"Wait, so I will die in 4 years?"

Tawder shakes his head, "You should not, hopefully. You're with Olive, so the curse shouldn't affect you."

"I wish I could help, but that would mean you would die."

"I'm a hundred years old. I don't want to perish, yet. This group doesn't have a worthy new leader yet," Tawder sighs, sitting on the ground.

"What's your power?"

Tawder looks at me with wide eyes, "Why do you ask?"

"I'm just curious."

"I'm just like you. I can learn and analyze new powers, but other than that, I can teleport. I take the time to learn everyone's powers in this group, so I can do anything," Tawder smiles a bit.

My eyes widen a bit, "So technically, we are equal in strength?"

"Yeah, you can put it like that."

Dave groans a bit and snuggles into me. I smile a bit and then look back at Tawder.

"How could you take your anger out on your younger sibling?"

"I was not thinking. I definitely want to see them when they wake up. Go ahead and take them back to the other room, I'll take care of Angel's body."

I nod and walk out of the room and wipe a tear from my face. Dave was such a good person, and they tried their best to save Angel. Why could Tawder not see that? I lay Dave's head on my shoulder and walk back to the other room.

I knock on the door and Olive opens it, his eyes go big.

"What happened to Dave?!"

I walk into the room and look at everyone else, "Angel didn't make it, and Tawder took his rage out on Dave."

"That asshole," Jeri growls a bit.

I lay Dave on the bed, "They're okay, they just need time to heal and recover."

"I feel so bad for them. Their own older brother would just do that because of one mistake."

I look at Hae then back at the ground. Olive hugs me and I lay my face on his chest. I have grown so close to Dave now, and I do not want them to go through anymore that what they are right now. They are just a kid, this should not be happening to them.
~~~~~~~~~
A/N: hey y'all! My schedule is a bit back on track, and I'm very sorry for the writers block I had last week. I should be fine to update on Friday, so keep your eyes out for that.
(Edited June 3, 2020)
Lee