Chapter 26

JERONICA AFTER TIME JUMP IN SEASON 5:

I’m ready for Riverdale 5 years time jump. Imagine this: Barchie kiss came out to light, everyone more or less moved on. Doesn’t matter how the state of ships looks like. What’s important is that Jughead is after his first publishing success. 
And as much as he tried to be a crime writer, that’s not what made it to the top. Somehow out of all of his stories the one that hit the spot was something he wrote very carelessly, in high emotion, angry and very moved -> just after he found out about Barchie kiss. He wrote the story based on the feeling of betrayal about how he found an unexpected raven-haired companion in grieve, how they went off to nowhere to just get away, without any further thought, without looking back (yeah, it is based on this story: Barrels). And how they grieve for some time, when the other is looking away at first, then they start being more open to each other with this misery. And after some time of just going around through motels and cheesy sight-seeing destinations they realize that they actually are having so much fun together. When there is no social and environmental pressure all around them, they get along so well. And they just have this thing, their personal escape and silent vendetta on those who hurt them, leaving them behind for some time without any word. And its special. And it is just a book, a story, a fantasy wrote in anger to spite Betty and Archie, to give them a “what if it happened to you”. But is it really? What if that actually happened? Why writing about their banter and compatibility felt so natural? Why does this book still haunt him after all these years?

The thing is that his big success book is about his revenge getaway with Veronica, even if the names are changed, everyone knows who is who in this story. And even if they all moved on from teenage romance drama (did they really?) and have their life going on separately for 5 years, what will happen when their paths cross again in Riverdale?

JERONICA IN 4×19 (which I really loved, because it had some really cute Vughead/Jeronica scenes):

The way how Jughead went from villanizing Veronica, seeing her as a dark spawn of her criminal parents, spoiled and pretentious daddy’s girl to portraying her as a moral compass and kind of the only person with conscious in his latest story is a subtle, beautiful and very telling slow burn development trope I’d love to appreciate if Riverdale writers were more into long term planning or any planning at all.

A friend of mine said;

For the latest episode, when they were discussing what the theme of prom should be in jughead’s little story, veronica brought up “the beautiful and the damned” and jughead smiled at her! idk i just thought it was a good reference to their matching interests.

True!!!!

And early she laughed at his witty comment.

See they both have similar interests and similar humor.

~~~

ALSO THIS;

Damn straight. It’s so obvious he doesn’t think that highly of Betty if he writes her as some immoral psychopath who is okay with doing bad stuff. Archie, on the other hand, always sees the best in Betty and never believes her to be a bad person who is capable of doing horrible things. He has trust in her and believes in her. Jughead’s writing is pretty much his subconscious, his inner monologue into what he thinks and how he views things, situations and people. If the way he wrote Betty in his story is really what he thinks of Betty deep down, then yikes. Bughead have some serious issues! Plus, he makes Veronica the good and logic girl, think that may means...

And with how he writes everybody, it makes total sense. They’re going into college, growing up, and he wants someone who’s better for him. Every time he talks about Veronica he’s complimenting her and talking about how good she really is, and he’s beginning to realize how much he’s changed Betty by dragging her into mysteries. She’s this unstable girl who’s gone too far and refuses to get actual help and he doesn’t want that for himself anymore.He doesn’t want Betty anymore. He wants Veronica. And if that’s too hopeful for me, then at least someone who challenges him in a good way, and wants to get serious with their lives. Veronica is a way better match for a more mature Jughead than Betty is. I feel like at this point in time and in the future, Jughead and Veronica are much more compatible romantically than Jughead and Betty.  Betty is not a good match for Jughead anymore. I can’t help but feel that they have outgrown each other and it’s really starting to show now, especially with the whole Barchie storyline/cheating. Jughead and Betty just aren’t on the same wavelength anymore emotionally and mentally and I think it’s gonna cause some major cracks in their relationship in the future. I think Jughead is looking for something different in a partner and I think he’s starting to see those qualities in Veronica now that he’s growing up, maturing and getting older; qualities that he was completely oblivious to during his moody, immature, high school years. In the future when they’re grown up and more mature than they were in High school, they’d look for more stable, mature relationships which yeah could totally be random people but considering this is Riverdale, it’d most likely end up being Barchie and (hopefully) Jeronica!!

You probably noticed how Jughead "hated" Veronica at first and how he uses her as the moral compass in his new book. I think, he's changing his opinion and he also starts to show who he really has feelings for in that show :)