Chapter 6

(Rin pov) 2 months since everything happened

I squinted my eyes as I woke up and the first thing I noticed was that things seemed smaller than usual, well, at least small was the usual for the past two months. I sat up to see mine and Yukio's room empty. No-one but me in it. I got up and realized I was wearing the same clothes as two months ago. I got up then fell straight to the floor. 'Great now I forgot how to walk.' I roll my eyes and sigh in frustration. I got on my hands and knees and crawled over to my wardrobe and stood up balancing myself on the wardrobe and changed into some loose shorts and t-shirt. I leaned against the wall and walked to the door and opened it and went down the corridor and sitting down at the stairs. I was not going to walk down those, definitely not and so I slid down them one by one. I was pretty quiet so no-one heard me.

I had also decided a couple weeks back that I would sleep in my demon form so I would always be charged and not be in pain anymore.

I got up and using the stair bar for balance and then went to the other side and leaned against the wall. I hear everyone in the dining room talking. I walk into the kitchen quietly, suing the counter for balance. I grabbed a bowl and put cereal in and poured the milk in. No-one mist have heard me as for when I walked in they were all surprised.

"Rin!" Everyone said in a happy and surprised voice at the same time. I walk in leaning again the wall holding my bowl of cereal. I push off the wall and limp my way to the table very unbalanced almost falling over several times. "Hey Rin, are you okay??" Dad gets up and comes over to me and lets me lean on him to get to the table and I sit down. "Nope," I replied in a monotone voice and I take a spoonful of cereal before taking a sigh of relief and slumping in my chair. 'God damn, this tastes good!' I thought. I haven't had food in basically two months so you would find food tasting amazing wouldn't you too? "Why, what's wrong?" Yukio asked as that pulled me out of my enjoyment thoughts. "Well, I've been walking on six legs fr the past two months so you think I'm going to be able to walk on two legs all of sudden." I don't really say it like a question and I look at Yukio dumbly. "Nope doesn't work like that sadly. it also feels quite weird to be taller, I feel small in that form and I'm already small." I motion my body with my free and as I take another spoonful of cereal. 

After I finished my cereal and went to get up and I take one step and I fall... Of course I do. I clench my eyes shut and wait for the impact but it never came. I felt an arm over my waist and another on my should. I look up to see my dad caught me. "Th-Thanks..." I mumble looking away from him.

(Shiro pov)

"Th-Thanks..." He mumbles looking way from my embarrassed but thankful. I lift him to stand upright, I help him to the kitchen, limping. He leans up against the sink and puts his bowl in and turns the tap on. I turn the tap off and he turned to me with an angry face. "I'll do that, you go rest," I tell him and he doesn't budge. 'Honestly, this boy never gives up does he?' I think before he says: "If I don't start being active now I'm not going to get any better at walking." He tells me and I respond with: "You're in pain Rin, even a blind man can see that." I shot back and Rin gets angry. "I KNOW MORE ABOUT MY OWN BODYA ND DEMON FORM THAN YOU OLD MAN! I'M THE ONE THAT'S HAD IT FOR ALMOST SIX YEARS NOW! NOT YOU!" He yelled at the top of his lungs at me and blue flames appear on him. He pushed past me and I have the thought of it's better that I let him cool down. I saw him trip and his flames disappear as he face plants but not a minute later blue wind surrounds him and his demon form scurries away. 

(Rin pov)

I ran upstairs I didn't care how hard it was to get up the stairs I just cared that I got to my bedroom. Once I got to my room I transformed back and slammed the door and began to pace around the room limping but getting better. 'What does he know about me!' I thought angrily. 'Things are so much worse, I thought if they talked to me in my demon form things would be better but no!' I was annoyed and very frustrated, angry, and... And sad. Sad that my family are trying to help me but in the process not helping and making things worse. I hate it when people start worrying and caring too much for me! It's so annoying! I'm not weak! I don't need friends!

(Third person pov)

Shiro walked back into the dining room with a worried look plastered on his face. "He's always been like that and you know it," Naoya said and Shiro looked up to see everyone looking at either him or Naoya. "He has a point. Nii~san has always preferred to be independent, he hates it when people care for him and especially too much. He always thinks he has to care for everyone and not realize he's the one in need of care." All the clergymen agreed and Shiro answered the statement with: "yeah he has always been like that especially with you Yukio." Shiro commented. "But Rin did make a valid point,"  Izumi spoke as everyone turned to look at him in confusion but also knew what he meant at the same time. "He knows himself and his body better than anyone in the world especially his demon form," Izumi informed everyone like a speech. "We've known about it for what? Two months and now we come charging in like we're pros. No, he is the in this." Izumi finishes. "I guess you're right. I should probably apologize because even as a priest and a paladin they both make mistakes." "But I'm going to let him come to me, no point in forcing it it will only make things worse," Shiro says as he sits down with everyone once again.

" "But I'm going to let him come to me, no point in forcing it it will only make things worse," Shiro says as he sits down with everyone once again