Chapter 17

(Third person view)

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!!!" Shima squealed at the large white-furred demon standing in front of the exorcists and exwires, protecting them. "Rin!" Yukio shouted in surprise. "Rin?" Amaimon questioned curiously but then his eyes flashed with excitement and he rushed forward after quickly recovering from being whacked into a tree. Rin tried to scratch him but was punched away and rolled and then slowing the ground and slowing himself down. He looked down then up and growled at Amaimon before running at the intention of headbutting him and sending him flying. Amaimon saw right through Rin's plan and as soon as he was close enough he grabbed Rin's white horns and spun him before throwing him into a tree. Rin shakily got up pain in his side. Once he stood up he looked at the demon king for some time but quickly snapped out of it when Amaimon almost punched him but he moved quickly so he wouldn't be hit.

The exwires watched terrified but also endeared by the battle. Yukio stood not knowing what to do alon with Shiro, they couldn't help in the battle in that moment, there was too much action and too high a risk of shootin Rin instead of Amaimon.

"I don't see what father and Nii~san see in you." Amaimon said in a voice void of all emotion. Rin only growled before runnin at Amaimon and pinning him who only went to punch Rin and Rin ran off to the side. Rin ran back at Amaimon who ran straiht back at him and went to punch but Rin jumped over and turned in the sky and scraped the ground so he would stop. Rin narrowed his eyes and rushed forward again and finally managed to pin Amaimon and was about to kill his host when he was blasted back by who revealed to be Mephisto. Rin was swirled in blue wind and sparks of fire revealing Rin himself. But what nobody expected was there to be a rogue demon in place of the Rin they knew. Rin was drooling and his eyes didn't have the same look they always did, they looked dangerous not sympathetic and soft. Rin growled before screaching and running at Amaimon who only kicked him but Rin only jumped back and sent a wave of burning flames his way.

Shiro looked at his knowing what had happened and quickly rushed in front of Rin before he could send another wave of flames. "Rin, come back to me please." Shiro stood in front of his son holding him by his shoulders so he wouldn't go anywhere but Rin only raised a hand and slapped him causing there to be a gash of claws on his left cheek along with the already scarred cheek. He continued to hold him back a little longer and Yukio screamed fro him to get out of there but Shiro told Yukio to stand down right before he shot. Shiro took his arms off Rin and spread them out to hsi sides and Rin only contiued to claw at the preist. The man contiued to lose blood and get paler but he had a smile on his face. "Rin...I told you...Stop skipping school...We need your cooking...You know we can't cook...And your cooking is great..." Shiro said breathlessly and tired as he took Rin in his arms who only kept thrashing his his arms. "So come home will ya?" Shiro finally asked and Rin stopped before crying and holding Shiro.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Shiro's arms flopped and all his weight was on Rin. "O-Old man?..." He asked awaiting a response. "Dad!" Shiro's body dropped to the floor. "DAD!!!" Rin screamed shaking his body wanting him to wake up but it wouldn't move...

"Get away." Rin looked up to see Yukio pointing a gun at him. "W-What?" Rin asked scared. "GET AWAY!!!" Yukio shot a bullet in Rin's arm. Rin scramed in pain as he scrambled awya and Yukio kneeled down to check Shiro's pulse.