Chapter 11

(Third person view)

"Rin, I'm fine really, it's alright, you did nothing wrong." Well, that wasn't entirely true, Shiro was only saying that to try to get his son out his locked dorm room. Rin had been locked in his room for three days now and all three Shiro had been saying those words over and over again and only on the first day did Rin respond with: "NO! It's not alright, I hurt you, no excuses." Shiro had said he was angry but he still said it was no excuse and that was the last time Rin spoke to Shiro. Shiro felt better knowing his son knew that being angry was no excuse and that he knew what he did was bad but hurting his family has caused him extreme guilt. 

"Is he still not coming out?" Yukio asked walking up to Shiro who looked pained in the fact his son refused to come out of his room. "No, he's not said a word to me either." Yukio sighed. "Let me try," Yukio hadn't given it a try as Shiro wanted to get him out on his won but it had been three days and no effort was enough to get him out. Shiro stepped back and let Yukio take his place at the door and then leaving thinking it might be better to let the two be for a while. 

"Rin?" Yukio said loud enough so Rin could hear him on the other side. "It's Yukio," no response. "Rin, dad's really missing you, I really miss you, you've been in that room for three days and haven't come out once, you haven't even come out to eat. You need to eat." Yukio was getting off track and scowled himself mentally for it but got back on track. "It wasn't your fault, you were heated and weren't thinking. So please come out or you'll make things worse for all of us." Yukio looked up and no response came once again. Yukio contiued to talk for half an hour before finally gving up and walking away but stopped in his tracks when he heard the door click. he turned around to see a pale face poke it's head round the door. Yukio rushed over and pushed the door open and caught Rin in an embrace but letting go not long after. "Don't ever lock yourself away again, okay!" Yukio scolded him and Rin nodded sadly. "Sorry," Rin apologized Yukio gave a sympathetic look, "it's okay but we should get you some food." Rin nodded and walked to the kitchen slowly as he was rather weak after not eating for three days. 

Time Skip

"You got him out?" Shiro asked coming into the dining area where Rin was eating. As soon as Rin heard his voice he looked and then got up and sprinted to his room. "RIN!" Yukio shouted slightly annoyed that he was still running but upset his brother was still afraid. Yukio looked back to his father sympathetically. "I'm sorry," Yukio apologized. "I thought he was alright now...Apparently not." Shiro went up to Yukio and put his hand on his shoulder. "It's alright, I'm sure over time he'll get over it." Shiro said with a small sad smile. "yes, but how long?" Was the question left unaswered.

 "yes, but how long?" Was the question left unaswered