Savior (6)

Your POV
•-•-•-•-•

We're currently outside the supermarket near an abandoned building, talking with Ben.

I'm hoping that that android escapes before we get to them.

For their sake.

"Alright, that's all for now. Free to go," Hank says.

"We've got officers sweeping the neighborhood, in case anybody saw anything," Ben replies.

"Okay. Well, let us know if they turn anything up."

I zone out for a bit, scanning the vicinity from my position. My eyes trail to the abandoned house, thinking that the android is probably in there somewhere.

My guess was proven to be right as I caught the gaze of someone on the top floor. It's a girl with cropped white hair. She gasped and stumbled backwards, then she was gone.

She must be who we're looking for.

"So, what do we got here?" Hank asks, snapping me out of my little daze. I turn back to them. "Bus driver saw it at 2:30, seen at a convenience store."

"It stole wire cutters," Connor informs us. "There must be a reason."

"Wire cutters?" I inquire.

"The fuck you talkin' about?" Hank adds.

"I checked the CCTV while you were questioning the clerk. The android was caught on camera stealing them. It had wire cutters and it was looking for a place to hide."

"So, what's your conclusion, Sherlock?"

"Maybe it didn't go far."

We then head over to the run-down building that I had seen the woman in, there being fencing around the perimeter. That would explain why she stole the wire cutters.

"Anybody home?" Connor calls.

No response.

"There's blue blood on the fence," he tells us. "I know another android was here."

He finds the cut flap of the fence and goes under, holding it open for us. I thank him quietly before getting up, looking around.

Get out of there, lady.

While you still can.

Connor follows me and we enter the house, only to see a male android standing by a table, staring at the floor. He looks nervous.

"We're looking for an AX400," Connor says to him. "Have you seen it?"

"Ralph's seen nobody..."

We start snooping around the first floor.

As Connor gets closer to the shelf by the wall of the stairs, Ralph's anxiousness increases.

"Are there any other androids here?" I question, despite already knowing the answer.

"Other androids? No... Ralph is alone..."