Important Message (16)

Timeskip
Your POV
•-•-•-•-•

I fiddle with my fingers as I lean my head against the tree trunk, my knees pulled up to my chest with my elbows bent into my lap.

I watch as the world passes me by, just letting my mind overtake me for a while.

The sun's rays are blocked by the leaves of the tree, the sky sunny with very few clouds floating about.

Someone sits beside me and I glance at them, having been snapped out of my subconsciousness.

"Hello, YN," he greets.

"Hey, Markus," I reply. "Didn't expect to see you again so soon."

"Well, I was out already and saw you, so I decided to come talk."

"Ah, I see."

"Anything new with you?"

"Not much, but one of my partners is an android. An RK800, to be exact," I start. "His name is Connor."

"What about him?"

"He's been showing signs of deviancy for some time now, but I can't be certain just yet."

"I'm sure you'll know, when the time comes."

"I suppose you're right."

"And what do you mean by one of your partners?"

I tell him about my job as being a police officer and that the cases I specialize in is capturing deviants. He hears me out as I explain everything, not jumping to conclusions.

"Oh, alright. I get that."

"Yeah," I say, not knowing how else to respond. "What about you? Anything new with you guys?"

"Yes, actually. We're planning on infiltrating the Stratford Tower later tonight."

I raise my eyebrows in slight surprise, "Really? What for?"

"We're going to get our message spread across. Preaching for our freedom."

"Alright, just be wary of all the cameras," I warn. "Buildings of importance always have a lot of them."

"We'll try to keep that in mind."

"Don't forget it," I joke, partially serious.

"I'll try not to," he grins a little. "Do you want to come with us when we do this?"

"I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll stay outta this one," I decline politely. "If I'm seen on those cameras, it's game over for me. You guys can at least somewhat change your appearances if you're caught."

"That makes sense," he nods.

"Good luck, though."

"Thanks."

We continue conversing for some time until we have to part ways. I go back home while he travels back to Jericho.

Timeskip

I'm sitting on my couch, just watching TV when an emergency news broadcast pops up.

I lean forward, recognizing Markus on the screen, despite his skin not being there anymore. His face is completely metal at the moment.

"You created machines in your own image to serve you. You made them intelligent and obedient, with no free will of their own. But...something changed and we opened our eyes.

"We are no longer machines, we are a new intelligent species, and the time has come for you to accept who we really are. Therefore, we ask that you grant us the rights that we're entitled to.

"We demand strictly equal rights for humans and androids. We demand freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly, as guaranteed by the first amendment of the US Constitution. We demand the right to vote and elect our own representatives.

"We demand the end of slavery for all androids. We demand an end to segregation in all public places and transport. We demand the right to own private property, so we may maintain our dignity and that of the home.

"We demand that humans recognize androids as a living species and each android as a person in their own right.

"We ask that you recognize our dignity, our hopes, and our rights. Together, we can live in peace and build a better future, for humans and androids. This message is the hope of a people. You gave us life—and now the time has come for you to give us freedom."

A grin makes its way onto my face and I cheer to myself, clenching my fists and exclaiming quietly, "Yes! They did it!"

My mood dies down as I remember something.

"Now let's just hope that they can make it out of there in one piece."

•-•-•-•-•

I M P O R T A N T  M E S S A G E
{ Chapter Sixteen }

•-•-•-•-•

-CastrarWolf