Jonah- Panic Attack

Wrote by sami2570

It was the year 2021, the famous boyband 'why don't we' were about to perform on stage for their last concert of their world tour.

Ninety four shows.

Ninety four stadiums.

Hundreds of arguments.

And one member about to break.

In the bathroom the eldest sat up against the door.

He was grabbing his hair.

He couldn't breathe.

"Pull yourself together Jonah," the boy whispered.

He let out a sob.

"Why, why, why" Jonah kept on repeating.

"You boys are on in five" a stage hand spoke through the locked bathroom door.

"Crap" Jonah muttered. "Uh- okay I- I'm coming"

Composing himself, Jonah walked out of the bathroom. The stage crew all glancing at the noticeable upset boy.

"Hey Jo, are you alright?" Corbyn gently asked.

Jonah just nodded.

The why don't we boys met when they were all young. Zach was in first grade, Daniel and Jack were in second and Jonah and Corbyn were third graders.

Jonah also lives across the street from Jack's house, the groups families also went to the church.

As everyone said, the friendship was meant to be.

"Promise?" Corbyn whispered.

He knew Jonah and Eben were having difficulties in their relationship recently.

"I promise" Jonah gently smiled.

"Boys you're on in five, four, three, two-"

All five of the boys rushed out on stage, the crowed roared once they saw the boys they'd fallen in love with.

Each boys faces broke out in smiles.

They finally felt like they had made it.

This had been their biggest world tour, it had almost been a full year since they'd last seen their families in person.

They sung their most popular songs, some classics from the start of the band, and then in too deep.

They ended the show with their most emotional song.

Not one dry eye in the whole stadium.

"From the bottom of our hearts we can't express the gratitude, love and connection we all feel with you all. You've done so much for us five idiots. Limelight's you're amazing!" Corbyn shouted in his microphone.

It got to the end, when Jonah saw a familiar face in the crowd.

His eyes widened.

Jonahs head started to spin.

He tried to breathe but it felt as if someone was choking him.

The crowd seemed to notice as they gave Jonah a concerned look.

The boys just played it off, pretending not to notice the distress on their bandmates face.

"Jonah, are you alright?" Jon spoke through the ear piece.

Jonah couldn't talk.

He could hear Jon talking but it seemed like it was through a tunnel.

Jonahs lips started to turn blue.

That's when Eben ran out and grabbed him.

"Jonah? Hey, Jo can you hear me?" Eben whispered to him.

Jonah started to have flashbacks. Ones that he didn't want.

Jonah could feel his grip get tighter around his neck.

"Jonah, listen to me, it's Eben, you are at a
concert, you're safe," Eben calmly said to him.

Eben felt his boyfriend go limp in his arms.

"No, no, no, no" Eben said as he laid Jonah on the ground. "Call 911! Please!" Eben shouted as he started to give his boyfriend cpr, feeling his pulse weaken drastically.

"Hey, whats- oh my god," Tyler said as he walked into the room.

"Tyler, please, call 911," Eben shouted.

Tyler fumbled with his phone as he pressed the numbers.

"Please tell me he isn't dead," Jon said as he ran to Ebens side.

Eben didn't answer. He kept on going.

"Eben, Eben! You're going to break his ribs," Jon yelled.

"I don't care, I can't lose him Jon, he's been through hell and back, he can't, he just can't go, not yet," Eben cried.

"Normally you aren't doing cpr hard enough if you don't break the person's ribs" Tyler spoke up.

They heard sirens and screams.

"Move out of the way!"

Eben was pushed back by paramedics.

"Start cpr"

The doors closed as Eben fell to the ground.

"Hey, where's Jonah?" Daniel asked as he and the rest of the boys walked in.

"The ambulance took him," Tyler whispered.

"What happened to him?" Jack asked as he took a sip of water.

"I don't know, he must of had an anxiety attack, the problem is we don't know what triggered it," Jon explained.

The boys just shrugged it off like nothing happened.

"He stoped breathing," Eben mumbled.

Silence.

"Wh-what?" Zach stuttered.

"I had to give him cpr, oh god, his lips were blue and he was trying to ask for help," Eben cried.

Jon walked over and gave him a hug.

"The fans are going to need an explanation," Daniel said.

Tyler sent him a look.

"What? They're going to ask why Jonahs not here, we can't look bad in the public's eye," Daniel stated.

"What! You're friend, hell brother even, could be dead! And you're worried about the news?" Tyler yelled at him.

The two brothers started to fight with each other.

"Look! Finish the concert, say Jonah got sick, we will give a better statement tomorrow," Jon said firmly.

They nodded and went back on stage with some speach.

"I think I know what triggered Jonahs anxiety attack," Eben said.

Jon and Tyler turned to him.

"I saw Bryan's face in at the entrance, Jonah must of saw him in the crowd," Eben continued.

"I should've kicked him out, but I didn't,"Eben said. "Oh god, this is all my fault, I could've stoped this from happening,"

"Eben this isn't you're fault, Bryan should've stayed away," Jon told him.

Eben shook his head.

He felt as if it was his fault. He couldn't protect Jonah in one of his most weak states.