A GATHERING

The summer sun hits my face as I am waking in the park my sandals rubbing my feet slightly from walking for so long it's busy in the park today so many family's walking and playing games.
I stand on the small bridge over looking all the family's seeing the happiness.
Forever wanting it.

Till I see a figure his figure in his black summer shorts and blue T-shirt showing his muscles. His wrinkles showing in the sun shinning by his eyes.
The happiness in his eyes playing catch with his son in the summer son.
I want that to be me.
I sigh at the stupidity in my thoughts and turn the other way looking out at the river side stopping my thoughts.
"We thought it was you" mateo says jumping me out of my thoughts as he comes up the bridge is father slowly behind me
"Oh hi mateo hi Lorenzo"acting like I hadn't already been watching them
"Morning Lela" his thick Spanish accent sounding so sweet
"We wanted to invite you to our family party tomorrow" mateo says jumping up and down in excitement I look up at Lorenzo seeing if it's true. He messes his sons hair up smiling at him.
"It's just a little gathering Samantha wanted to get to know the neighbours people in the area" he says looking up at me my cheeks going red.
"Oh sure that sounds lovely" I say smiling back at him
"Invite your family as well of course" he says
"Yes I will" I say before mateo hugs me goodbye and Lorenzo nods at me before leaving.

After The long day at the park I cooked dinner for my father and brother they are later today so I made sure it was on time.
I set all the plates and drinks down before taking the Spanish dish out.
I have been learning a lot about Spain recently.....
"That smells amazing" my brother says entering the door un doing his tie and taking a beer and sipping it.
"Well done Lela" my father says kissing me cheek we all sit and eat the dinner and this is one of the first times I have not done something wrong.
I have been a good women.

My father and brother speak about work things I don't understand as we are eating
"Oh we have been invited to a gathering at the neighbours" I say before clearing the plates
"That's nice of them when?"my father says wiping his face
"Tomorrow in the late afternoon" I say cleaning the plates
"I am out in the day but I will come later on with dad thanks" my brother says taking another beer and going into the living room
"You will be okay going by yourself for a bit Lela" my father says kissing my cheek
"Yes sure dad don't worry" I say respecting him with a smile.
After cleaning the kitchen I sit with my brother again watching tv the only time he actually likes me.
Probably because he is drunk

I wake up early the next morning I want to impress the Santiago's I want them to think I am worthy.
I bake cookies and cupcakes and decorate them with vanilla icing before putting them in a box and getting a bottle of my dad's favourite wine.
I rush upstairs and pick a red with white flowers dress and some white sandals. Letting my natural wavy hair fall down.
I get everything I need before walking over already seeing many cars and hearing laughter.

My hands already starting to get sweaty as I walk to the door and nock twice before Lorenzo opens the door in light blue shorts and a summer shirt slightly unbuttoned just slightly showing his muscles.
I gulp slightly just looking at him
"Here I brought some things to say thank you my brother and father are coming later" I say passing him the box of treats and wine
"That's very kind of you Lela you didn't have to" he says gesturing for me to come in his arm slightly brushing my back.
"Everyone is outside here this way" he says leading me into the kitchen where I see everyone down the bottom of the garden.
Lorenzo sets the gifts down and I take a seat on the island.
"Would you like a drink an alcoholic one maybe" he says looking back at me a small smirk on his face.
"Yes sure gin and lemonade would be great" I say smiling back at him as I watch him make the drink
"Do you like it here then" I say as I watch his hands shake the drink watching his hand pump up and down.
"Yes it's nice lovely area and it's works well for Samantha" he says now pouring the drink into a glass and handing it to me and I thank him
Works well for Samantha? So not for you?
I can't help but think about the way he worded that.
"Do you like it here" he says getting himself a beer before turning back and looking at me
"Yes I have always lived here so I don't no any different" I say my fingertips going over the top of my drink
"Shall we join the party" he says his hand touching my arm bringing me out of my thoughts his touch so soft on my arm