eight

[*disclaimer*] i rarely know anything about football, so please don't come at me if it's not accurate. <3

[*warning*] long chapter.

£

friday, january 10th, 2020.

corbyn and jack picked up the girls, grabbing some food, as they made their way to the game.

as they arrived at the game, the game had not yet started; but the clock had a 5 minute timer as to when the game was going to start.

they all sat down in the bleachers, in the front row of the stands.

they spotted their friends quickly, the cheerleaders preparing for their small stunts to hype up the crowd as the game started.

the football players sat on the sidelines, there starters for offense huddled up with the rest of the team near by. the starters did include daniel and jonah. they played nonstop throughout their games.

zach also played nonstop, of course only when it was time for defense on the field.

as they clock read 30 seconds, there home team began to do their small chant as they had always done.

"who are we!"

"eagles!" "who are we!" "eagles!"

the chant sounded repeatedly, through the whole field filled with people as the crowd rumbled their feet against the bleachers.

"eagles on three, eagles on three!" was shouted by a member on the offense line. the cheerleaders prepared to flip a girl in the air as they got read for the last chant.

"one, two, three." was shouted deeply from the football player. each group of cheerleaders poped a girl in the air as they flipped in each group. mae, christina, and mariah; each being one of them as the final chant was sounded.

"eagles!" the crowd and the football players rumbled as the players went off to their starting line to start their game and the buzzer went off. the game has now begun.

£

it was past half time now. they were in there last quarter. the home team was starting to become a bit competitive.

the score was 27-28. the opposing team was winning by one, as disappointing as it sounded.

because it was the first game of the new year, the couch had decided to try and give other players a chance to win.

he took out all his best players after the second quarter, for both offense and defense. he took out jonah, daniel, zach, and three other guys.

before their, stupid, coach decided to take his best players out; they were up by two downs and two field goals. the score had been 21-7.

but, after he made his decsion, the opposing team had scored three touchdowns, making all their field goals; while there team had managed to score one touchdown not making the field goal.

the rest of the school sat on the bleachers nervously, losing there spirit. it was rare they lossed.

"remind me why he took them out." corbyn pouted at jack his eyes never leaving the field. "remind me why he took all of his star players out." corbyn scoffed.

he loved school spirit and currently, everyone was mopping at the game.

below at the field on the sidelines, the coach watched his team, with little to no hope. zach watched on his feet with frustration, jonah watched with a grimance, and daniel watched calmly, thinking about all the mistakes his teammates were making.