fourteen

friday, january 10th, 2020.

"god damn it," the brown haired girl murmured. "i'm leaving." she announced to her friends, beginning to stand up from the couch.

"no you're not." adelaine interrupted her friend. "you're not gonna let the fact that corbs got intoxicated and needed to leave, ruin your fun."

"it's not. i'm just leaving." she grumbled, getting quickly annoyed with the fact that she hadn't left yet.

"come on, mari. just stay with us." tatum spoke up, wrapping her hand gently around the other girls' wrist.

the brown eyes girl looked down expectingly, frowning with a pout and a sigh. "fine." she said giving into the girl quickly, sitting down.

"jack and i are going to go play pool." the short girl spoke out, paying no attention to anyone but jack who seemed to be gushing over her.

the couple didn't wait for anyone to respond, they just quickly to the pool table hand in hand. the rest of the squad was left, including tatum, mariah, christina, kelsey, mauve, sierra, zach, and jonah.

"so," the short brunette boy named zach turned to sierra. "do you wanna dance?" he flirted with the blonde girl, gesturing towards the crowd who danced to the loud and obnoxious music.

"i'm not the best dancer." she murmurmed, messing with her fingers. "i'm very clumsy." she giggled innocently, staring slightly up at zach.

"well that's okay. i know how much you love to dance, and i won't judge." he winked, reaching out his hand for her to grab.

the blonde girl blushed, taking his hand as he dragged her out to the middle of the crowd.

mariah watched as her two friends made their way to the dance floor, leaving jonah and mauve who were into a conversation; and kelsey and christina who seemed to watching something on kelsey's phone.

she hummed softly to the known song, not paying attention the occasional glances that were coming from the blonde girl beside her.

"you don't seem to be having fun."

mariah scoffed, leaning her chin on her palms. "no shit, sherlock." she mumbled, rolling her eyes.

she then gave the older a quick glance, pouting once she saw the frown on tate's from the girl who just trying to make conversation. she sighed heavily, turning her body the slighest.

"i'm sorry." mariah mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "i'm just on edge." she added as tate nodded.

"i've noticed." she snickered, causing the other girl to let out a small breathy laugh as well.

"well, since a party doesn't seem as your scene; lemme' take you out and find out what your scene really is." the brown eyed girl bit her lip, staring at mariah through large eyes.

the younger girl tried to hide her blush from the cringy comment, not letting her see how it affected herself. "that would be nice."

"maybe tomorrow?" tate suggested as the weekend would come. "i can pick you up at 11:30am. i already have something in mind." she added, already knowing the girls' address from being great friends.

"i'll be ready." she smiled smally, running her fingers through her hair.

"they're so into each other." jonah chuckled from his spot against the wall, rubbing his girlfriends hip as he stared at mariah and tate.

"they would be so cute together." mauve awed, flipping her hair behind her shoulder as she looked up at her tall boyfriend.

"we would be cute together." he said, mauve giggling at him. "we already are, silly." she replied, placing her hands on his chest.

"i know," he snickered, leaning his head down the slighest. "i was just making sure." the brunette smiled, his girl smiling back as they kissed each other in the middle of the party.

just as zach walked past the two, holding sierra's hand as he grimanced at his friends. though all his focus was on the giggling and happy girl behind him.

"i definitley looked so weird on in the crowd." she laughed, as she extended the word ' so ' .

"the cutest weird dancer out there." he smiled, making sierra tuck her shoudlers into her neck as a deep blush creeped onto her cheeks.

"you're such a flirt."

"i know." he smirked happily, leaning over to kiss her cheek lightly as she blushed harder.

"now, since the night is coming to an end;" he said in a low voice, checking the time on his phone. "let me end it the right way." he cleared his throat making the blonde girl giggle.

"we should hang out next weekend. just the two of us." the bushy brunette held her hands in his. "what do you say?"

"i say it depends on where we are going." she tilted her head to the side giving him no teeth smile.

he gave her fond smile, stepping closer to the girl. "the art museuem. the one that just opened." he suggested.

her face heated up the gesture, trying to hide her smile as he looked down moving her hair back. she knew how much she loved art and to paint and he must've remembered, making the girl nod her head at the fun activity.

"then of course."

------
*unedited*

[ i've been slacking on this book since i have no motivation to write but more chapters soon and more dorbyn beacuse there was no dorbyn in this chapter :') much love -jayda <3.]