twenty one

monday, january 20th, 2020.

a mid life crisis. yes, that's what corbyn would call it.

dyeing his hair seemed like the best decision at a young age, changing his brunette to blonde; but now going back to brunette, he felt like a whole new person in the best way possible.

though he was internally screaming for two reasons. one, none of his friends knew about his freshly dyed hair and he was scared for the reactions. two, he and daniel had a date on friday. which meant, the whole week would either be awkward or flirtatious; and either way, their friends would know something was going on.

he ended up driving himself to school, being prepared for the multiple reactions he could get from his friends. when he parked his car and grabbed his stuff, he made sure to be pretending to go through his phone as he walked towards the place in the courtyard where him and his friends always stood while pretending there was nothing new.

when he arrived he stopped in his tracks and looked up while giving his friends a small smile. "hey guys."

immediatley compliments were thrown at him.

"oh my gosh it looks so good."

"wow, brunette really suits you."

"you look amazing."

"your hair!"

he giggled in response to all of them, muttering a thank you and running his hands through it.

"you look stunning, corbs." daniel spoke above everyone. corbyn looked his way while the other tried to give suttle glances, the newly dyed brunette blushing.

"thanks, dani."

£

for the rest of the periods till lunch, corbyn felt this tension with daniel; and he knew daniel could feel it to. they ended up walking to some classes together, giving each other suttle compliments and looks, their skin brushing as if they were living in a cliche movie scene; corbyn knew it was all from their upcoming date. he had no clue of what they were doing although it didn't matter to him.

in the present, it was lunch and the two boys were sitting next to each other per usual. daniel's hand was resting on corbyn's thigh, which he was extremely hesitant to do so earlier, while no one else could see. everyone's conversations were going on per usual and everything was normal...

"daniel and corbyn are going on date." mariah sputtered out, interrupting everyone's conversation and making them turn towards the two. daniel was suddenly flustered and corbyn was suddenly staring death eyes into his best friends' soul.

"oh wait, really? when?" jack spoke.

"friday." the golden-brown haired girl who spilled the secret responded.

"what are they doing?"

"where are they going?" jonah asked the first question while tate finished with the second. "i'm not sure." she said as they began to have a conversation as if the ones they were talking about weren't there with them.

"and you didn't think to tell me." daniel's best friend, kelsey, budded in with a tone of more jokingly rather than mad. suddenly, daniel's hand was no longer on corbyn's leg.

he blushed as he responded, resting his elbow on the table and his cheek on the palm of his hand. "i didn't think i was obligated."

"ok, now what." christina stated, the question becoming more of statement despite the context of the sentence.

everyone could hear corbyn sigh as he blushed. "now, we go back to a normal lunch."

and this time, corbyn was the one who took daniel's hand back to his thigh.

------
*unedited*

[short, unedited, and lack of made sense but who cares yeah i forgot this book existed and what about it jk pls don't kill me guys much love -jayda <3. ]