twenty

sunday, january 19th, 2020.

"i'm bored," the blonde complained as he heard the loud clacking out the bowling ball hitting the pins.

"that's why we are here bowling." mariah smiled sarcastically as she grabbed the bowling ball with two hands and made her way over the isle.

she rolled the ball smoothly, watching as it rolled down in a staright line, and mentally praising herself as she knocked down every pin. she turned to her blonde best friend, bowing to which he repsonded by sarcastically clapping.

"bravo," he spoke fancily on purpose, raising his chin and neatly tapping his hands together. mariah rolled her eyes as she took a seat next to her friend. "asshole."

there was a short silence between the two before corbyn spoke up. "it's kind of boring without jack and lainey to take their turns." he pouted as he played with the rips in his jeans.

"are you saying that i'm boring?" the brown haired girl dramatically gasped to which he scoffed and giggled. "no but really, tell them to stop sneaking off to the bathroom to fuck." she spoke plainly that made corbyn flustered as he threw fries at her.

"mariah! that's disgusting!" he commeneted as the girl laughed while trying to prevent the fries from hitting her.

"it was funny." she snickered as their laughs died down into little gasps of joy.

"but you're right it is kind of boring." she agreed pointing her finger. "so what do you want to talk about?" she questioned as she rested her chin on the palm of her hand.

"i don't know, you tell me." he shrugged, eating some of the remaining fries that they had left.

the girl sat in thought, her eyes looking up at the ceilingas if she was in a deep trance of ideas. an idea seemed to click though sooner than later as she gasped and looked at her friend excitedly.

"let's talk about you and daniel." she clapped her hands before holding onto his.

corbyn groaned trying to pull his hands from her grasp. he hated this topic. "mariah, no-"

"yes!" she interrupted. "you can't stay single forever and you and daniel obviously have something going on."

"i don't want a relationship right now, especially with daniel; it would be awkward."

"bullshit," she exclaimed her face turning towards a dumbfounded expression. " 'i'm not looking for a relationship' my ass," she commented. "spill,"

the two sat almost in a staring contest as if they were waiting for one to give in and win or lose to the point where corbyn would either talk or not. they stared and stared until corbyn got tired and let out a sigh. "fine,"

"ok, period." she smiled brightly before leaning forward. "what's the juicy tea."

the silver eyed boy bit his lip as he turned his head. he let out a small sigh and began to speak. "i don't really know if you would say i have feelings for him but i guess you can say we have some sort of connection."

the brown eyed girl nodded her head, urging for him to continue with hand motions.

"we've had some moments and it's like... they give me butterflies; and he makes me smile a lot." he blushed just at the thought of the muscular blonde.

"but i don't know if he feels the same way and that's the problem."

"oh sure he does," mariah scoffed and held the boys' hands. "don't be afraid to take a shot mr. besson."

"he makes me nervous sometimes."

"because you like him." she reasoned. "plus if i had someone giving me butterfly kisses as you like to call them, everyday, then i would be falling in love too."

the platinum blonde blushed yet nodded at his friend. she smiled happily as she snatched corbyn's phone and began to open it. he tilted his head in confusion, wondering what the girl was doing.

"what're you doing?"

in the next five seconds the girl had turned around the phone and it revealed daniel's contact in texts. he raised and eyebrow and looked at the girl weird. "what?"

"text him," she said sutley, reaching out the phone further for him to take.

"excuse me?" he clarified as she rolled her eyes. "text. him."

he raised his eyebrows and made a tilted face with his mouth, "and say what, exactly?"

"ask him out, dummy."

his eyes widened as he tried to hand back his phone. "no."

"why not," the short girl whined with a pout. "it's easy."

"not it's not!" he hissed slightly aggresivley.

"just go with the flow," she said slowly and softly as his nose scrunched in nervousness. "why am i doing this?" he asked as if he needed to be reminded.

"because you're in love with daniel."

"in love is a stong word-"

"you're in love with daniel." she repeated. and this time, he didn't deny.

corbs🌛
hey dani :)

dani🌜
hey corbs :))
what's up?

corbs🌛
nothing really
i was just bored
whatcha up to?

dani🌜
nothing either
i'm just sitting in bed and watching t.v.
jonah, zach, and i were supposed to go work out but they cancelled bc they wanted to hang out with their girls lol

corbs🌛
haha sorry they cancelled

dani🌜
it's all good

corbs🌛
well uh i was wondering if you maybe wanted to hang out this week?
if you're not busy ofc

dani🌜
i mean yeah if u want
what day?

corbs🌛
um how does friday after school sound? :)

dani🌜
that's perfect
so like a date? ;)

corbs🌛
only if you want to be :)

dani🌜
then it's settled
date on friday
i'll pick you up at 6 ;)

corbs🌛
perfect :))
seen by dani at 7:39pm

maybe getting a date was easier than corbyn thought.

------
*unedited*

[ i've been trying to update all of my books tonight and i'm doing pretty good so far :) thank you all for being so patient with me and my writing, i hope you're all having a lovely christmas break :D much love -jayda <3. ]