Cadenza: Daughter of the Villainess is Poisonous XXIII

Cadenza was not buying any of it but looking at Lottie's happy face she can't just burst her bubble so she let her cousin drag her.

Both of them sneaked out when everyone in school was busy watching games and doing their stuffs. After a long drive Cadenza and Lottie entered a narrow pathway between two huge building apartments.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Cadenza looked at Lottie doubtly.

"Yes!" Lottie replied based on her actions she seem to have a good knowledge about the place Cadenza rest her heart assured fortunately there were guards and Ford following them.

Finally they stopped in for the of a brown wood door with an antique ring handle made from brass the door seemed like it can only be opened on the inside. Lottie grabbed the handle and gently slammed it twice.

"Madam Hooch" Lottie whispered.

Cadenza wasn't even sure what Lottie was doing. The door was opened by a young girl who was wearing the same uniform as Chloe. Her very dark purple hair reached her shoulders and her bangs were long enough that they had already covered her eyes and there was a gloomy aura surrounding her.

Cadenza even wondered how could this girl even see with all that hair covering her eyes. Cadenza remember Chloe speaking of a friend whose aunt was Madam Hooch, she was probably the one Chloe was speaking of.

"Rohann is Madam Hooch here?" Chloe asked.

"She's still meeting with a client" Rohann's voice was low and her expression was serious.

A woman came out behind the black curtain crying as she passed through them. The way she dressed was so lavish, clearly a wealth madam.

"What did Madam Hooch predict about her fortune?" Lottie whispered as they stared at the woman's back.

"She was carrying twins one would bring fortune to their family while the other will bring disaster so the time she will give birth she have to make choice to abandon the child or keep it"

"How will she know which one would bring misfortune?" Cadenza asked.

"The child's eyes are purely red the same colour as blood" Rohann replied.

"There are many people that have red eyes" Cadenza spoke sharply clearly doubting.

"It isn't the same as the ones you usually see according to his fortune his eyes are capable of penetrating through people's thoughts, of course we didn't mention this part aloud to our client since his ability will only get abused if known" Rohann's voice was calm as water.

Cadenza didn't really understood the part 'his eyes are capable of penetrating people's thoughts'.

What a bunch of nonsense but it seems like the woman believed such thing

Cadenza signaled Ford to follow the woman. If his parents doesn't want him might as well give him a place in the Mafia after all they raise orphans to be given home and purpose and it'll be more interesting to see the child grow up and face his parents that abandoned him.

Lottie and Cadenza went inside the curtains. It was dark and only there was only a lamp that served as a light Cadenza's eyes roamed around the room the walls were decorated with strange ornaments and there was a woman sitting in front of a crystal ball.

Cadenza and Lottie sat in front of Madam Hooch, Lottie could barely contain her excitement.

"Madam Hooch today I've brought my cousin to foretell her fortune" Lottie spoke her eyes were filled with anticipation.

"What kind of fortune of yours do you want to know?" Madam Hooch asked looking towards Cadenza.

When Cadenza looked at Madam Hooch's eyes she immediately wanted to turn the table in anger.

She was blind?!!

Is she really that capable or just a scammer?!

Lottie noticed Cadenza's change of expression and immediately wanted to sooth her anger.

"Cadenza I forgot to mention Madam Hooch's eyes were blind but she can recognize people and all her fortune telling were all accurate, Cadenza don't you trust me?" Lottie's last phrase sounded heart wreckening.

It was like a scorching hot knife slowly stabbing Cadenza's heart.

"You tell yours first" Cadenza hardened her heart.

"Madam Hooch what are the things should I study for next week's surprise test in Science?!" Lottie's voice was desperate.

Is she serious?

Cadenza looked at Lottie with disbelief is she seriously depending on fortune telling on her test?

"Little girl how many times have I told you not to abuse fortune telling" Madam Hooch's tone was serious.

"Not even when I pay 200 grand?" Lottie's voice was teasing.

"No"

"Sheesh since I have nothing more to ask Cadenza it's your turn~" Lottie looked at her cousin anticipatingly.

Is she going to ask about her love life? Or her future career?

"For this matter I would like to ask Miss Lottie to wait outside the curtain" Madam Hooch spoke.

"Why? When my friend and I asked about our fortunes you let us hear each other's fortune" Lottie pouted.

"It's different this time" Madam Hooch pointed outside, Lottie couldn't do a thing since she was afraid provoking Madam Hooch.

"You are blind and casually spouting nonsense that people believe including my cousin why would I trust your words?" Cadenza asked suspiciously.

Madam Hooch remained calm and collected as she listen to Cadenza's Rufe words.

"Would you trust me if I say that I know you are haunted by nightmares of you drowning in a pool of water" Madam Hooch's voice was low and deep.

Cadenza's eyes widen with shock she has never told anyone about it!

"Tell me little girl do you believe in reincarnation?"

"No" Cadenza's tone was serious and there were no hint of emotion showing on her face.

"Well you should be, you see people reincarnate when they die. Some were blessed that they still hold their previous memories that most people don't and there are those people that kept dreaming about their past memories in which they would just regard as a normal dream. But in your case it seems like a part of you doesn't want to let go something so dear from your past that's why you unconsciously kept recalling them"

"Then can you tell me what is it?" Cadenza's voice was suspicious yet also demanding. Her heart was filled with doubt of what kind of nonsense this woman was spouting.

"I can't, my ability seeing the past isn't that strong. But I warn you to stay away from the person who you think that owns your heart for he will only cause you nothing but pain" Madam Hooch's eyes  stared at Cadenza's it was like her white eyes could see people's souls.

Cadenza clearly understood the meaning behind her words.