The Cry in The Forest (Snatcher x Moonjumper)

There was a loud cry in Subcon Forest.

It was loud enough to be echoed across the entire forest. At Subcon Village, the Subconties froze in place, some shivering or panicking. They stood in groups, most near the campfires while others hid in their homes. The Dwellers hid in bushes but some join the Subconties to stay with them. Even the spiders were afraid to go out!

Then, it reached Snatcher's home.

He was not disturbed by the slightest! He knew what is up, he knew what to do. He placed his book down on the armrest and went on his way deep into the forest. From there, he could see all the Subconites frantic with worry huddled together for protection. Swaying from tree to tree he reached the end of the forest, where the tense atmosphere melted into a state of tranquillity. 

Instead of dark and purple hue, this area shined a color of blue. Glowing mushrooms grew on the birch trees and covered it with its majestic light. The trees grew at a height that Snatcher can freely float by. Then, the sound of waterfalls began to build up. This was when Snatcher knew he was close as the cry multiplies in decibels.

Finally, he reached the edge.

He peeked from the trees to observe the figure's state. It cried towards the huge ravine making it echo. Their jacket was tampered and disheveled with a few scratches covering it which Snatcher guessed that the figure scratched himself in anger. Its head seemed to be hanging while he cried.

With enough courage and information, Snatcher called out to the figure. They did not reply. He tried again but the same thing happened. He expected it, for the waterfalls collision were booming out loud, their cries added to that. Now, all Snatcher had to do was confront them. Easy, right? 

Well, for this figure at this stage, it was not. He began stroking the back of the figure, which made it twitch slightly. With all the willpower it had, it lifted its horned head and faced the shadow right beside him.

⊱𝕾𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗⊰

"Hey, Moon. What's wrong now?"

Moonjumper was trembling like an earthquake and yet it did not stop. He especially tried to keep his composure but the pain in his eyes said too much. Then he started to bury his face into the fluff of Snatcher, a groan escaping him. But Snatcher did not budge. He sat there like a mannequin.

༻𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒿𝓊𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇༺

"S-Snatcher..."

The broken and sorrowful word had somehow managed to cut deep into Snatcher. Though he had the skill to repress such a feeling, it was all too much.

༻𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒿𝓊𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇༺

"..."