Memories of the Past (Touchstarve!Conductor x Reader)

Requested by: Sk_Jokling !

This can be either Platonic or Romantic and Reader's gender is neutral!

———

Conductor was shuffling on his bed, suffering to get sleep. His feathers were puffed, his form curled on the bed. He checked his alarm clock again.

"2:40am"

Geez... has it really been that long? He had only woken up in the middle of the night all of a sudden. Then, after that, he didn't seem to get sleep. He turned, curled, puffed his pillows and got comfy but luck wasn't with him that night.

He could feel his eyes were dry under his feathers from staying up so long. He just wanted to go back to sleep and get energy for the day because peck no is he going to work tired...

He then felt his eyes close as he drifted off into a dream.

...

|| ??? ||

"Hey, Train Nerd! Why do you look like an alligator?"

The big kids on the street passed by, nudging him and messing with his hat, making it fall off.

God peck, if only they disappeared.

Conductor kept quiet, bending down to get his hat and just looking away from those kids.

|| ??? ||

"Hey, I asked!"

That same big kid asked, his voice raised. Conductor tried to walk away from them before feeling a grip on his shoulder.

|| ??? ||

"Don't be a wuss! Look me in the eye and tell me!"

His voice was dripping with anger, scaring the small child as the other big kids behind him laughed without a care.

He kept quiet but it led to him being pushed down on the sidewalk, the kids walking past him whispering things like "uncool" or "weird".

Conductor's family has always had this running gig that nobody believed they were owls. He just wished that nobody asked. He wished nobody cared about their appearance. He just wanted someone to be his friend without caring for looks.

Someone who would accept him for who he is...

...

Conductor woke up.

Tears dropped at the memories. Those years had brought him so much despair. So much shame. He just held his head in his arms, letting tears flow.

Why did everyone even care about his odd looks? Every time he met anyone, the first question he suspects to hear is: "Why do you look like that? Aren't you an owl?" or "Are you a mutant? Is that why you look like that?".