Seven

"Desmond?" Normani asked pulling away and cupping his face.

"Yeah it's me." The young man swallowed the lump in his throat.

"I thought you were dead." Normani hugged her brother again and he hugged back.

"I thought I was too, but I was just covered by another body." Desmond explained and Normani nodded.

"Hey, I have a date tonight. You can stay at my place and get yourself cleaned up." Normani told him and nodded with a smile.

They walked back to her apartment and to her complex. Opening the door, they were met with a shirtless Dinah grabbing a bottle water from the fridge.

"Dinah." Normani called causing Dinah to look at the two.

"That's the Dinah you hated?" Desmond asked.

"Yes and now I'm married to her." Normani giggled as Dinah closed the fridge and waved.

"Sup DJ, I'm Desmond."

"Normani's brother who always beat my ass for making her cry. Wassup bro." Dinah gave him a brother hugged before giving Normani a kiss on her cheek.

"We should get ready to go." Normani muttered and Dinah nodded.

"You staying here?" Dinah asked Desmond who nodded this time.

"If that's alright with you." He scratched the back of his head.

"You're my brother in law, it's fine." Dinah smiled and walked to the bedroom.

Normani followed and interlocked their hands. Desmond looked around before going to the kitchen and grabbed a pack of noodles. Going to the fridge, he seen everything he haven't seen in a while. He stood up and closed the fridge before continuing to make his noodles. He went to go sit on the couch to see his younger sister in a beautiful dress.

"I forgot how much you grown up since I last saw you." Desmond complimented.

"That won't feel you up." Normani stated with a giggle.

"It's hard to let go of the 'struggle life' sis." Desmond sat down the bowl.

"Yeah well we don't have to worry about that anymore." Normani told him looking down.

"Hopefully." He muttered before turning his eyes back to the TV.

"I still don't know why you left." Normani bit her lip and he looked back at her.

"They told you I left?" He laughed before getting up

"You didn't?" She asked fiddling with her ring.

"No Normani, why would I leave and risk my life out there. It's not like this country care about us." Desmond muttered the last part but Normani heard.

"Why did they send you there?" Normani asked.

"I don't know, I was probably a mistake to them." Desmond shrugged.

"Don't say that, you're not." Normani frowned feeling tears prick her eyes.

"Yeah well it feels like I am. I always wondered when I was going to go home but soon realized, I don't have a home. The only family I have is you so." Desmond chest heaved as Normani let the tears fall from her eye.

"What's going on?" Dinah asked with concern looking at Normani.

"Nothing." They both said as Normani wiped the tears from her eyes and smiled at Dinah.

"Just go enjoy your date." Desmond cleared his throat and Dinah nodded slowly.

Normani interlocked their hands and left the apartment as Desmond went to go take a shower. As Dinah and Normani went into the elevator, Dinah pulled her close and wiped the remaining tears.

"You sure you're okay?" Dinah asked kissing her forehead.

"I'm fine." Normani smiled and gave Dinah a peck on her lips before giving her a hug.

"It's still shocks me that we are married..." Dinah trailed off as the elevator's door opened.

"Life is full of mysteries." Normani whispered walking out of the elevator still hand in hand with Dinah.

"Oh, your mom wants us to come to a family reunion or gathering." Dinah told her and Normani nodded.

"Well I already know Desmond isn't coming so...when is it?" She asked and Dinah clicked on her phone before looking at the text again.

"Saturday." Dinah smiled at her cheekily as Normani giggled.

"Kk." Normani swung their hands as they approached Dinah's car.

Dinah helped Normani in the car and went to go get in herself. As soon as she got in, Dinah pulled off towards one of the expensive restaurant in Atlanta. Normani felt a hand on her thigh causing her to look at Dinah and smile. Pulling up, Dinah gets out first and jog over to Normani side of the car before helping her out.

"Oh fancy." Normani bit her lip while looking around.

"You deserve it." Dinah smiles and Normani look at Dinah.

"How do you always stay so smiley?"

"Because I have the privilege to have an amazing family, an amazing career, amazing friends, an a gorgeous wife." Dinah turned Normani towards her at the end of her sentences and kept that lovestruck smile.

"I wish I would relate, but I am privilege to also have you in my life and some would say that my job is a poor but it's amazing and fun. Also it gave me a second family and another mother I wish I had. Not Solána, Ms. Latifah." Normani giggles and Dinah smile grows.

"I'm happy for you." Dinah pulled away and held out her hand causing Normani slide hers in Dinah's.

Dinah led them inside and Normani jaw dropped. It looked even more rich and wealthy inside. Normani  seen of the married men looking at her causing her to back behind Dinah a little.

"Dinah Jane right?" The foh (front of the house) asked and Dinah nodded showing him her ID.

(Their outfits btw)

(Their outfits btw)

"Upstairs on the balcony." He pointed and Dinah ushered Normani to follow her and she did.

She got extremely uncomfortable as the men checked her out and Dinah finally noticed. Dinah pulled Normani close to her and picked her up bridal style.

"Can y'all fuckers stop staring at my wife please and thank you. That's why y'all too broke to afford the private area for y'all wife anyway." Dinah told everyone causing the wives to gasp.

Normani blushed and giggled while hiding her face in Dinah's neck as they went upstairs. The husbands went after their wives and some stayed in ashamed.