Six

It's another busy day at the hair salon and this time Dinah decided to come by bring gifts for Normani.

"Hey wifey." Dinah greeted as Normani washed her hands after finishing up someone hair.

"DJ." Normani squealed before giving her a big hug.

"I brought presents, also nice place." Dinah looked around as Normani pecked her lips.

"Thank you, set them down here." she ushered on the counter and Dinah does so.

"Ooh, can you do my hair, it gets in my way?" Dinah puppy dog eyes her and Normani nodded.

She took a seat in the chair as Normani grabbed the comb and brush.

"How recent have you brush or combed your hair?" Normani asked and Dinah looked at her.

Shaking her head, she grabbed pulled Dinah's chair to the sink and leaned her head back.

"Can iz get a kiss please?" Dinah asked puckering her lips.

Normani smiled and pecked her lips.

"Normani, do the girl hair." Ms. Latifah ushered cleaning up the place causing Normani to giggle.

"Yes ma'am." Normani replied as she earned a wink from Queen.

After Normani finished washing Dinah hair, Ryan spoke up.

"Are you going to introduce us Mani?" Ryan leaned on her hip with the brush swinging everywhere in her hand.

"Right Dinah, this is Ryan. My best friend here." Normani rolled her eyes as combed her hair.

"Wow, I see how it is." Sza rolled her eyes with a smile as Normani giggled.

"That's Sza, she's the Mom of the group when Mama Latifah isn't around." Normani

"The truth." Everyone agreed.

"That's Zendaya or Z. She's the freaky one." Normani pointed to Zendaya.

"You can be freaky too." Dinah clarified causing Normani to blush as everyone eyebrow rose.

"Ooh!" The customers laughed.

"Anyway! That's Kehlani-" Normani was about to continue but Arin cuts her off.

"Why am I last?" He asked wailing his arms around.

"Because you rarely talk to me." Normani rolls her eyes before putting the comb down.

"Oh, well then continue." Arin laugh lightly before going back to cutting a man's hair.

"There's not much to say about Kehlani. I guess she gives the best advice."

"How do you ask a girl out on a date?" Dinah wondered.

"Well you try to bait them into a perfect time and place to ask or just be straight up; ask." Kehlani shrugs also cutting someone's hair.

"Manz, can I take you out on a date after your shift?" Dinah asked causing Normani to blush.

"You don't have to ask me." Normani shakes her head as she starts braiding Dinah's hair.

"I know but I wanted to." Dinah pouted.

"Well of course you can." She kissed Dinah's causing Zendaya, Kehlani, and Arin to fake gag.

"Oh shut up y'all, let them be cute." Sza sasses while putting her hands on her hips.

"What Mom said." Ryan backed Sza up causing everyone to laugh.

"Then there's Arin, he's such a baby boy." Normani lastly introduced causing Arin jaw to drop.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"He's always so whiny but can be precious." Normani explained and Dinah nodded.

"Oh, I'll take it." Arin smiled before going back to his job.

"Introduced me." Dinah smiled.

"Oh yeah Dinah, y'all already know is my wife. I hated her before we got into a relationship but that was when we were younger and childish. As time grew I grew more comfortable with being around her, it also felt right and now we're married." Normani bit her lip.

Basically everyone in the store except Kehlani awed.

"Such a cute love story." Ryan faked being in tears causing Normani to giggle.

Normani finished Dinah hair causing Dinah to spin in her chair with a smile on her face.

"I love you." Dinah pulled her in.

"I love you too." Normani licked her lips before pecking Dinah on hers.

Arin once again faked gagged causing everyone to laugh.

"Alright Mrs. Hansen, pay up." Normani held out her hand.

"How about lunch?" Dinah asked causing Normani to laugh.

"Okay." She nodded as Dinah slid her hand into Normani's and Normani pulled her up before walking over to the sink.

Washing their hands, Dinah pulled out her key and walked to the door as Normani followed adjusting her purse.

"We'll be back!" Dinah annouced causing everyone to wave goodbye.

"So you love me." Normani poked Dinah side causing Dinah blush.

"You said back." Dinah defended.

"Yeah cause you took me by surprise and also if I didn't say it back then are we really married?" Normani asked sliding her hand into Dinah's.

"Alright alright, so where are we headed to?" Dinah asked opening the passenger door for Normani.

"Uh, Popeyes sounds promising." Normani got in the car and buckled her seatbelt.

"Alrighty." Dinah closed the door before making her way to the driver's side.

Normani glaced out the window and seen the guy from the other day. He squinted his eyes before disappearing in the alley way. Normani looked back at Dinah and smiled causing Dinah to smile back before pulling off. Once they arrived to Popeyes, they got their food before making their way back to the hair salon. Eating their food, Dinah got a text from Lauren causing her to roll her eyes.

"Welp, I have to go. It was nice meeting you guys. Bye babe." Dinah pecked Normani lips before leaving.

"Oh wait Kehlani, do you believe Normani now that she's married to Dinah?" Ryan asked crossing her arms as Kehlani rolled her eyes.

"Ha ha. So funny Ryan." Kehlani cleaned up her station as Normani giggled.

"I need to find me someone who feeds me." Ryan pouted as Normani offered a piece of chicken causing Ryan to take it.

"See, this is why you're my bestie." Ryan faked tears causing Normani to giggle again.

When the shift ended, Normani was left with Queen about to lock up.

"Okay Mama Latifah, the place is clean enough and I have a date to get to." Normani hugged Queen and Queen laughed.

"Okay okay, leave child." Queen dismissed and Normani left.

As she was walking, she heard footsteps approaching her causing her to turn around to be met with the man.

"I knew I recognized you Normani." The man hugged her as Normani was left stun not seeing him in years.