Falon

"Ladies and gentlemen we have a very special guest on the show tonight. She is one of the fastest-growing artists right now. She blew up on social media with the hashtag norasings. Please give a warm welcome to Nora Thomas!" Jimmy yells in the mic. 

I walk out on stage and give Jimmy a hug. "Welcome, Nora it's so good to have you here. I've been trying to get you here since you blew up but I was told you didn't have a phone." Jimmy says with a chuckle. I give a light laugh "Hello it's good to be here by the way, and yes I did not have a phone. All I had was my mom's iPad, which is what I used to access social media" the audience claps lightly. 

"Wow, so didn't you have a phone?" Jimmy asks with curiosity. "Well, Jimmy, my parents have homeschooled me my whole life. And I don't really have any friends and anyone I would need to have contact with was living in the same house as me. So my parents didn't think I needed one." I say humbly. "Do you have a cell phone now?" Jimmy asks me with a smile. "Yes, I have a phone now. I'm away from home for the first time in my life. I couldn't bring my parents this time. So my big brother came with me." I say with a little laugh. The audience claps at the mention of my brother.

"If I'm correct, your brother is the one who helps you write your songs and come up with the melodies?" Jimmy says with an amazed tone. "Yes, my brother and I have always loved working together. When he could we would write a few pieces of a song. And I would sing 30 seconds clips of it and upload it to Instagram." The crowd cheers at how I got my start in this industry. "And you said your brother is here, so why don't we bring him out? Ladies and gentlemen, please give a round of applause for Jordan Thomas" The crowd claps I turn to see my brother walking on stage in his Sunday best. 

"It is a pleasure to be here with my little sister like she said we write songs together. A lot of them are out of the ordinary, but the ones that are good we are saving, because we are recording our first ever EP" Jordan, says with a big smile. The crowd claps for our announcement about the EP. "I have 2 questions for you Jordan. One, how do you feel about people saying that you and your sister are trying to be like Billie Eilish and her brother Finneas? And two, are you guys signing to a label soon?" Jimmy says calmly. 

"Great questions Jimmy. Well, my sister and I have been making music together for the longest time now. So I can't really say that we are trying to be like anyone else. I cannot sing that well so you can't compare me to Finneas. I enjoy the stuff he puts out if I'm being quite honest here. And we are signing to a label can't say which one yet" Jordan says seriously towards the end with a smile. 

"Thank you. Ladies and Gentlemen stay tuned for Nora and Jordan's performance coming up next" Jimmy says into the camera quickly. Jordan and I get up and hug Jimmy thanking him for the interview. We are then rushed to our dressing rooms for a quick bathroom and touch-up break. "Jordan, do you think we will last?" I ask nervously while the makeup lady fixes my eyebrows. "Of course Nor why wouldn't you? You have a beautiful voice the whole world should hear. This isn't going to be just 15 minutes of fame and if it is people are dumb to pass upon you. Okay?" I nod in response. My stomach was in knots at that point it was my first time performing live on television.  

"Look we are going to kill it out there. And after we are done we are going to close that record deal tomorrow. Don't be nervous just pretend that it's your posters" I nod again. I don't know if I'll ever be able to continue if it weren't for my brother. 

"Everyone please give a welcome back to the stage Nora and Jordan Thomas. Performing their new hit single Hold on" Jimmy says which was the cue to go. I walk up to the mic taking a deep breath as the melody starts to play. 

When I had finished singing the song Jimmy said the outro to the show. "Thank you so much for being on the show tonight," Jimmy says humbly. "Are you kidding? Thank you, my mother loves the show. She was so excited to hear that I was meeting Jimmy Falon. It's gonna be all she talks about for the next month." I say laughing. Jimmy and I have a short conversation until I have to leave so that I can get back to my hotel. 

🤍

Today was the day we are signing to a label. Jordan wouldn't tell me much about it besides the fact that we might have to go on tour with another artist in a couple of months. When we arrived at the building I swear my heart dropped. We were at Interscope Records, I turned to Jordan, the expression on his face was almost remorseful.  

"Jordan no we cannot do this, Billie is signed to this label. For all, I know she probably hates me and doesn't want anything to do with me." I whisper as we walk into the building. "It's the only company that will take 'backlash'. All the other labels don't want to sign us because they don't want the bad press." Jordan says looking at me with sad eyes. 

"Nora, Jordan, it's so good to meet you in person. I'm Danny let's close this deal?" I nod walking with them to a room. Once inside the room, I sit next to Jordan and two contracts are handed to us. "Oh, before we start can I call my lawyer as we read the contract out loud?" Danny says yes and I call my lawyer. Ten minutes later we finish reading the contract, and my lawyer says it's a good deal and that we should sign; I hang up the phone thanking him. I look at Jordan and he has the biggest smile, this would mean the world to him. I already know it. I look at Danny and give him a nod, I pick up a pen and sign the contract. 

Danny stands up and walks over to me and offers his hand in front of me. I shake it "Welcome to Interscope Records. It's a pleasure to have you". Jordan hands the assistant the contracts we signed and shakes Danny's hand. "So when are we going to meet other artists?" Jordan asks, smiling. I shove him a little apologizing to Danny for his ignorance.

"Well actually, right now we have Billie Eilish in the building" I swear my heart stopped beating at that very moment. 

* Word count: 1195

Thank you so much. This is my first ever Billie Eilish fanfiction and girlxgirl fanfiction. Let me know if you want more. 

update Sept 2022: I changed the names and a few details, which made this chapter feel like too much. 

-shawnleftmeattarget